Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 300 Sport X Badging

Kent

My IS 300 Sport X Lexus came debadged at the rear and I thought this looked a bit bare so I have put the LEXUS wording in the middle as you can see. I rather fancy a V6 badge and I have shown very roughly what I have in mind in the pic below. Does anybody have any ideas/thoughts on this and where might I buy a V6 emblem to match the LEXUS lettering (or close).

V6lex.jpg

Don't do it :lol:

Thought the 2JZ was an I6 engine anyway?

I think that looks good mate as you have it there, certainly unique :)

Sometimes less is more!

If you do want to do it though, may be worth getting in touch with Dan (Scorcher) as he has lots of emblems....

DO NOT put a V6 badge on it when it's a straight-six....you'll look like you don't know what's inside your bonnet!

I don't! I thought that V6 referred to the number of cylinders so therefore at 4 valves per cylinder it becomes a 16 valve or V16 although I have never seen it referred to in this way. Technically I'm way out of my depth of course, all i was really looking at was the aesthetics. I do take on board the (always constructive)comments from everybody and I am starting to have second thoughts already.

DO NOT put a V6 badge on it when it's a straight-six....you'll look like you don't know what's inside your bonnet!

I don't! I thought that V6 referred to the number of cylinders so therefore at 4 valves per cylinder it becomes a 16 valve or V16 although I have never seen it referred to in this way. Technically I'm way out of my depth of course, all i was really looking at was the aesthetics. I do take on board the (always constructive)comments from everybody and I am starting to have second thoughts already.

The 2JZ-GE is an inline (straight) six cylinder with 4 valves per pot, so if you want a "how many valves" badge you would get a 24V badge. Still naff IMHO

Give it a bare botty

no ******* steals them then

You're probably right but I'm not a lover of mechanical "hoodies", if you've got it then at least admit it. Whilst LOC is made up of intelligent, well spoken people once you step out into the real world then it is full of the less well informed who have no idea what a Lexus is. At least by badging it modestly you are helping to educate the wider public :unsure: :D

As you can see a V configuration has the 6 cylinders split apart in a "V" formation.

ie - The cylinders are arranged in two banks set at an angle to one another

A straight 6 has all the cylinders in a line.

engine-inline-4.jpg

An in-line configuration will always return a smoother engine as a result of this configuration. Manufacturers use the V configuration to put a bigger engine into a smaller space.

In the case of Lexus, the LS430 V8 430 engine can (with a little difficulty), be mounted into the IS :blink:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links