Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Should I Buy A Tt Aristo? Hmm?

simbad

Hi there.

i'm about to buy a new (2nd hand)car and the TT Aristo is high on the list, i had a few questions that would really help me in making my mind up- would really appreciate any pointers :-)

1) i am looking at around £12k- seems like that might get me a yr 2000 V300 with about 60k on clock- sound right ? There is one on autotrader right now (blue) that i was thinking about

2) seems like most people never convert the touch screen for TV etc. I have checked many posts and it looks like there is no definitive answer or maybe i just missed it so...

a) is there a simple converter that will get the TV elements working in UK- and if so is it actually any good/worth it.

B) Is there a simple way to hook up a DVD player to it and possibly link to screens in the back- and is there a cheap cost effective way to do this?

c) is there a simple fix for converting the Nav to run the UK lexus version? or other options for Nav on the screen

3) I will use the car for a 100mile round trip commute nearly every day- can it cope reliably - i always viewd lexus as the ultimate reliable car but does the TT set up change that?

4) i live in Oxfordshire (UK) any suggestions for where to get serviced ?

I really want one but the questions above are my main sticking points so far- i know there are lots of questions- but you're the experts so any advice really appreciated.

Sim

First of all Welcome :D

Can't answer most of the questions that you have but I am sure the relibility won't be a problem provided the car has been looked after.

Sure peeps will be along soon who can answer.

1) i am looking at around £12k- seems like that might get me a yr 2000 V300 with about 60k on clock- sound right ? There is one on autotrader right now (blue) that i was thinking about

2) seems like most people never convert the touch screen for TV etc. I have checked many posts and it looks like there is no definitive answer or maybe i just missed it so...

a) is there a simple converter that will get the TV elements working in UK- and if so is it actually any good/worth it.

B) Is there a simple way to hook up a DVD player to it and possibly link to screens in the back- and is there a cheap cost effective way to do this?

c) is there a simple fix for converting the Nav to run the UK lexus version? or other options for Nav on the screen

3) I will use the car for a 100mile round trip commute nearly every day- can it cope reliably - i always viewd lexus as the ultimate reliable car but does the TT set up change that?

Sim

£12k should indeed buy you the right example.

2) Although I have seen the TV converted on a UK based car I have no idea how it done. I suspect it requires a whole new convertor.

B+C) I am personally waiting for Pro-lex to release the AV Convertor for the car, this allows 3 inputs, so for example you could have DVD, Playstation and Sat Nav. You could install a rear screen system no problem in the meantime.

The nav is not compatible at all in the UK. You need a new system to do this.

3) The car is very reliable. Maintain her properly and you shouldn't have any major problems.

Regards,

Gaz.

Hi,I have an S300 Aristo ( thats the non turbo model) that I am very happy with.But thats not why I replied.There are a lot of Soarer owners ..on Toyota Imports Forum that have convertd TVs DVDs etc.There is one guy particularly that knows all about Sat Nav Tv etc.I'm sure someone on that site will help you.So if you do purchase try the TIF site.

Hi and Welcome to the club :) .

My Aristo is a mk1 so i can only comment on a few things.

Get the car checked over before you buy it,they are very reliable cars but the parts arent cheap :excl: Ive read of problems with the rear wheel steering on the mk2 so thats worth checking out.

As to the mpg,you will have to run the car on super unleaded so bear that in mind with the price of fuel.

Around town id say i get around 20 mpg and on a steady run i was getting around 33ish mpg.Thats just a rough guide :)

My car is stock with no mods,if you start modding the car then yea you will get more Bhp but at a cost of mpg.

Good Luck with buying.

Cheers chips.

Hi and Welcome to the club :) .

My Aristo is a mk1 so i can only comment on a few things.

Get the car checked over before you buy it,they are very reliable cars but the parts arent cheap :excl: Ive read of problems with the rear wheel steering on the mk2 so thats worth checking out.

As to the mpg,you will have to run the car on super unleaded so bear that in mind with the price of fuel.

Around town id say i get around 20 mpg and on a steady run i was getting around 33ish mpg.Thats just a rough guide :)

My car is stock with no mods,if you start modding the car then yea you will get more Bhp but at a cost of mpg.

Good Luck with buying.

Cheers chips.

Thanks for all the info so far- luckily MPG is not a big problem as my compnay picks up the fuel bill :-) one of the rare car allowance schemes where i get a fully expensed fuel card and cash allowance for my own car.

Thanks for all the info so far- luckily MPG is not a big problem as my compnay picks up the fuel bill :-) one of the rare car allowance schemes where i get a fully expensed fuel card and cash allowance for my own car.

Ah now I run my own limited company (I'm a contractor) how do you get one of these fuel card jobbies :)

Ah now I run my own limited company (I'm a contractor) how do you get one of these fuel card jobbies :)

just to add on to what other guys have said.

1. i had a mk2 v300 for two years and i know have a 2x mk1 aristos. they are very reliable if they hav been well looked after. i will advice you to buy one with some service history so you have an idea of the milage. the tracking is a problem for the back tyres as it makes it wear on the inside very quickly. but am sure wheels in motion can help you out with that.

the v300 will take 100miles a day. i did 125mile for 6 months when i moved to wolverhampton and worked in oxford.

lexus oxford can do your service as i used them for my 63000miles service. make sure the cambelt has been changed if not it will cost you over 500 pounds for calmbelt, plugs and service.

with the sat/nav, there is nothing you can doat the moment. protech in bristol put in a new uk sat/nav with cost 1500 fitted. you can easily add a dvd player to the screen.

i will say go for the car but have it checked.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links