Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Tyres

Rob's Lexx

It's probably worth asking the tyre shop mate, I'm on 225/40 all round I think, they wanted to fit wider at the back with the wider alloy but I'd have had rubbing problems - going to get the arches done at some point and put fatter tyres on though :)

The guys at the local tyre shop advised me what size I could go up to, may be worth having a word with them to see what you can go up to on standard alloys?

:hehe: yea, i think i'll pop down 2moro and have a word!!!

just thought it'd look a lot smarter with some wider tyres on the back, but if that means buying new wheels then it'll have to wait as funds are not on my side till next month.........too much boozing i think!!!!!

now......where's that bottle of stella?????!!!!!!!!

just found this:

Specification Sidewall Radius Diameter Circumference Revs/Mile Difference

215/45-17 3.8in 12.3in 24.6in 77.3in 819 0.0%

225/35-17 3.1in 11.6in 23.2in 72.9in 869 -5.8%

225/40-17 3.5in 12.0in 24.1in 75.7in 837 -2.2%

so surely this means that whatever i decide to put on, there's gonna be a difference in the rolling radius and the speedo won't read true????? is there any way around this (apart from sticking to standard 215/45/17 or changing the wheel diameter)?

just found this:

Specification  Sidewall  Radius  Diameter  Circumference  Revs/Mile  Difference

215/45-17        3.8in  12.3in    24.6in        77.3in        819        0.0%

225/35-17        3.1in  11.6in    23.2in        72.9in        869      -5.8%

225/40-17        3.5in  12.0in    24.1in        75.7in        837      -2.2%

so surely this means that whatever i decide to put on, there's gonna be a difference in the rolling radius and the speedo won't read true????? is there any way around this (apart from sticking to standard 215/45/17 or changing the wheel diameter)?

Considering the speedo reads around 5% over the 225/40-17 options isn't too bad. It will make the speedo more accurate. You will never get a 0.00% difference.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links