Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yellow Altezza

stodwyer

Hi all ,

Im looking for suggestions from everyone on this car. Its a 1998 with turbo. 20kms on the clock. I know the wheels arent the best.

Would any of ye go 3 years back in car age to get a turbo and lots more extras?.

bull4575jp-img600x450-1114692933sxe.jpg

bull4575jp-img600x450-1114692948sxe.jpg

bull4575jp-img600x450-1114692942sxe.jpg

Sean

That is a very tidy car - I personally do love Yellow (I know alot are gonna differ to this :P ) I also don't actually mind the wheels, as I also love chrome. This car probably hasn't got alot on it which I don't like to be honest. BUT would I be prepared to go back three years in car age ? Hmmm.....I'd have to have a serious think on this note.

The car was actually imported and registered in Ireland about a month ago. It was in the autotrader for €25k 3 weeks ago. I coudl sell mine for €24k as it stands. I also had a chat with the owner and he said his lowest is €22k. So while selling my car and buying a turbo'd altezza i am saving 2k for additional mods if requireed. I personally dont like the wheels.

Sean

I actually would make the change, 20k in terms of milage is nothing, mine has more than 4 times that on it!

Like you I'm not a fan of the alloys, but the front is nice, not sure what the kit is, the sides seem to flow in with the back but not the front, maybe Hippo Sleek sides, with the money you've saved you could get some nice alloys on that and it would make the world of difference! that back bumper looks like it has a weird design, any pics of it?

You can always change the sides and the back at a later date if you don't personally like them, it is nice to be different though at times :D

Plus you'd be quicker than Am :P

What sort of power output is it?

Hey, mines not the quickest altezza lol... right now i'm not even using the supercharger :(

if it were me i'd get a test drive, least you experience the power

I actually would make the change, 20k in terms of milage is nothing, mine has more than 4 times that on it!

Like you I'm not a fan of the alloys, but the front is nice, not sure what the kit is, the sides seem to flow in with the back but not the front, maybe Hippo Sleek sides, with the money you've saved you could get some nice alloys on that and it would make the world of difference! that back bumper looks like it has a weird design, any pics of it?

You can always change the sides and the back at a later date if you don't personally like them, it is nice to be different though at times :D

front and sides look like the c-west kit :)

Quicker than AM Eh???? :question:

I am told that the car was rolling roaded in Japan and it produced 280bhp but that was on 100ron. But he is upgrading clutch/flywheel and pistons and estimated 320bhp but i would like to see results.. I will have to have a big look at this motor if i am going to buy it. I got a price for a supercharger kit for mine at €3k excl delivery...

So either a 1998 turbo saving money or a 2001 supercharged loosing 3k...

Sean :crybaby:

early cwest kit

and hell yes I would go back 3 years for the turbo.

greddy tubo kit and fmic, suspension mods? looks lower. aftermarket exhaust.

not sure about the rims tho nor the colour. but if you like yellow then go for it! I would!

Buy this one.

Makes complete sense.

Who care what year the car is so long as it's in good condition and well maintained? The shape is the same right? Stick a private palte on and no-one can tell!

I like the kit - and agree, the wheel are mingin, but can easily be replaced for the 3k you are making... :)

Theres a greddy fmic/gauges, bride seats, coilovers, trd lsd, greddy pipes, greddy ecu??.., Im not to sure what else.

I actually like the colour but the kit hasnt given me the wow factor yet. Id prefer a kit like mine on it. Anyone want to swap?.

Sean

Hey, mines not the quickest altezza lol... right now i'm not even using the supercharger :(

if it were me i'd get a test drive, least you experience the power

So you not using supercharger??.. YOU SELLING????.. :D

If i was selling you would be buying :P

No, got a problem with the Alternator to Camshaft pulley and tensioner... last belt lasted.... whey! 3 days :( lol s/c is switched till i get dti gauge on it.

plus you know it needs ecu, so hopefully if Zee sells me his Toms header and i get sports cat, i may well get it running 100% instead of 100% 50% of the time LOL.

Get a test drive in the that altezza though.

I wouldn't sell a newer tezz for an old one regardless of the mods.

Sean, you could always swap the kits between your current car and this one and using the money you've saved get them painted the right colour - may save you more in the longer term to be honest?

Also you may need to modify that Neo / Legana bumper to accomdate the IC - can't remember if Owen had to modify his when he fitted the SC recently?

Theres a greddy fmic/gauges, bride seats, coilovers, trd lsd, greddy pipes, greddy ecu??.., Im not to sure what else.

I actually like the colour but the kit hasnt given me the wow factor yet. Id prefer a kit like mine on it. Anyone want to swap?.

Sean

Hell with that many mods i guess you would be silly not to... lol.

Loose the wheels and the kit, put your legana bumper on, look smart on a yellow tez

Am, I know what kind of changes there have been made across the IS over the years, what sort of changes have happened on the Altezza side?

Just wondering what would be lost in the transition if anything?

Sean

Swap what ? Kits or cars ? If it's cars - I have a box standard 51 plate IS200 SE, with Kazama Muffler ! :D No kit, No Supercharger, No Turbo, No Money ! :P

Yeah i might think about the Swap lads. I think the Legana bumper and my side skirts, hell even the rear bumper. Id definately put a rear spoiler on it also. same as my own again. A nice set of 18" multi spokes or 5 spoke rims would be nice.

Zee.. Ill keep you im mind..

Am, I know what kind of changes there have been made across the IS over the years, what sort of changes have happened on the Altezza side?

Just wondering what would be lost in the transition if anything?

Interior changed (digital clock with rev counter in the center)

Black dash (opposed to the gunmetal 2 tone)

Other spec wise, i think the ECU had a revision from 2001-2003 models.

I'd be tempted to buy the car to strip it of the £1000s of mods its got, transfer stock parts back into it then sell it for pretty much same money.

That car is modded in a personal way, it won't be easy for them to shift as not everyone will like it, and most ppl tend to prefer no modded so they can do there own...

But everyones diff so whatever works i guess!

Sean

Swap what ? Kits or cars ? If it's cars - I have a box standard 51 plate IS200 SE, with Kazama Muffler ! :D No kit, No Supercharger, No Turbo, No Money ! :P

Swap Kits Mate...

I am dying to have a look at this car. And i MIGHT have someone to swap with iver in the UK. I think the bumper is the C1.. ?. (Heard it can only be gotten in US) There are loads more mods to car. I dont want a car that i cant run either. So i might wait and see what the car drives like and Then make my decision then..

Money Money Money!!!! It dictates everything!!

I dont think Owen has his fmic fitted yet. He is waiting for Pipes...

Sean

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links