Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Thinking Of Changing

deejaygee

I am as the tiltle says thinking of moving on away from the Lex, I want a Diesel but wish to retain the Auto box (that rules out the new IS straight away)

Anyway I'm going to get highly slated for this but am looking at the BMW 330CD M Sport Coupe. Performance is quicker than the IS300 (I think) but with fuel economy to die for - and the looks - well with the M kit looks the absolute business.

If I can find what I am looking for its good bye from me..............

I am as the tiltle says thinking of moving on away from the Lex, I want a Diesel but wish to retain the Auto box (that rules out the new IS straight away)

Anyway I'm going to get highly slated for this but am looking at the BMW 330CD M Sport Coupe. Performance is quicker than the IS300 (I think) but with fuel economy to die for - and the looks - well with the M kit looks the absolute business.

But have you figured out just how much you are going to have to spend on optional extras to get the same spec as the standard IS300? :duh:

But have you figured out just how much you are going to have to spend on optional extras to get the same spec as the standard IS300? :duh:

Most come fully spec'd up anyway, I won't be getting brand new so can pick and choose - only thing I won't be getting is a sunroof - but never used the one I have anyway.

The 330D/cD is a great car. There are a few things to look out for though :

1) Steering couplings can loosen and rattle - at slow speed turn drive left or right over raised kerb/speedbump. If the steering jiggles then the coupling may need replacing.

2) Lower suspension ball joints - many 3 series have loose joints that need repairing. Find a speed hump and drive over it - if loose you will hear a knock from underneath the car.

Otherwise a great car.

The 330D/cD is a great car.  There are a few things to look out for though :

1)  Steering couplings can loosen and rattle - at slow speed turn drive left or right over raised kerb/speedbump.  If the steering jiggles then the coupling may need replacing.

2)  Lower suspension ball joints - many 3 series have loose joints that need repairing.  Find a speed hump and drive over it - if loose you will hear a knock from underneath the car.

Otherwise a great car.

Thanks for your help - very useful

The 330D/cD is a great car.  There are a few things to look out for though :

1)  Steering couplings can loosen and rattle - at slow speed turn drive left or right over raised kerb/speedbump.  If the steering jiggles then the coupling may need replacing.

2)  Lower suspension ball joints - many 3 series have loose joints that need repairing.  Find a speed hump and drive over it - if loose you will hear a knock from underneath the car.

Otherwise a great car.

+ check that it has indicators that work :D

And at look at the extra power you can get from a Superchip

45 bhp for £511  :blink:

power curve graph

Quite remarkable!

Looking around there is some good deals to be had at the moment - and yes I know the new shape is out Feb / March for the Coop!

Its just trying to find the exact spec! i'll get there...................

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links