Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Squeaking Leather Seat!

I certainly don't get any squeak from my RX300...I'm guessing something needs adjusted at the dealers.

I have a 2001 rx, my seat does the same when I'm driving but not my wife. I'm a rather large man not fat but well set. my seat cushion just touches the centre consul which causes the squeak.

I certainly don't get any squeak from my RX300...I'm guessing something needs adjusted at the dealers.

I have a 2001 rx, my seat does the same when I'm driving but not my wife. I'm a rather large man not fat but well set. my seat cushion just touches the centre consul which causes the squeak.

Is it an MK1 you have ??...being a 2001... if so might be quite different compared to a MK2..

• 4 weeks later...

Is it an MK1 you have ??...being a 2001... if so might be quite different compared to a MK2..

My RX400h back leather seats squeek unless I let down the centre arm rest .

I wonder if I treated them with something would the stop squeeking?

• 2 months later...
1000 miles up on my rx400, leather on driver's seat squeaks whenever I turn sharp right - is this to be expected with leather seats?

Hi,

I had a squeak on my drivers seat (4 year old RX300, owned by me for 4 months) it sounded like an old butchers bike seat whenever I went over any bump in the road. The squeak has been fixed by Lexus Leeds, apparently it took them two attempts before they managed to sort it.

regards,

Chris

I don't get any squeaks, but I do get the "tapping" of the tonneau cover against the centre section of the back seat. (i.e. that part of the tonneau cover which isn't actually secured to anything)

L.

I assume it's the leather and not the seat frame itself?? I found a little bit of soap rubbed in can sometimes stop the squeak or the stuff you feed/clean sofas with also works as it softens the leather a little. Good luck.

I had the same issue with my back seats, when i looked closely found that all the 3 parts (40/20/40) were not in the same line. Once I aligned them the squeak is gone.

I had the same issue with my back seats, when i looked closely found that all the 3 parts (40/20/40) were not in the same line. Once I aligned them the squeak is gone.

Silicon/Rubber Lubricant from Halfords will erase leather / plastic noises. :driving:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links