Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New To The Forum And A Few Questions

gworks

Hi all. I am new to the forum, or shud I say haven't been on here for a while.

Anywhooo, a few questions if everyone could put in their good input and advise about them I would appreciate it.

1) What IUO is the best coilover set to go for?

2) Can you get 20's on the IS200/300 and 8.5" wide?

3) Will the IS300 Xenon headlamps fit the 200 models without complications?

4) I've heard TTE are good for suspension set ups, is this true?

Thanks for the feedback anyones give me.

I'll be looking to buy an IS very soon, once my Roadster goes.

Glen. :)

Hi all. I am new to the forum, or shud I say haven't been on here for a while.

Anywhooo, a few questions if everyone could put in their good input and advise about them I would appreciate it.

1) What IUO is the best coilover set to go for?

2) Can you get 20's on the IS200/300 and 8.5" wide?

3) Will the IS300 xenon headlamps fit the 200 models without complications?

4) I've heard TTE are good for suspension set ups, is this true?

Thanks for the feedback anyones give me.

I'll be looking to buy an IS very soon, once my Roadster goes.

Glen. :)

1) Big choice - Tein, Apexi, TTE....

2) Yes but you'll look a tit

3) No - not without cutting away at the bodywork

4) Yes

Welcome to LOC :D

Welcome to the club matey :D

I've got TTE coilovers as have a few others on here and am more than pleased with them. Excellent coilovers only problem you cant adjust the damping on them.

If you can get the TTE anti roll bars also. Huge improvement

I also used to have the Eibach lowering springs and these are great springs that lowr the car -30mm for a cheaper alternative. Obviously coilovers give much better performance handling wise

Thanks for the quick response people.

Another one for you, why would having 20" wheels on the IS make me look like a tit. Has anyone done it here on the forum. Im sure that with the correct suspension set up (ride height, etc) it would look well?

I would definately go for the TTE ARB's as I've heard these do make a massive improvement on the handling (strut brace isn't really worth it apparently?). Plus in regards to the Headlamps, I though that the IS 200 and 300 shared the same bodystyle, length, width, etc. Is this not so?

Cheers again, Glen.

Hmmm, point well taken.

If it was however a black car, because of the shadowing and lines not seeming as aparent, it may seem like the car is lower, not giving off that 4x4 look, if you know what I mean?

Anywhoooo, was just a thought. Take it 19's look well. Im sure if you get a low enough profile and soft but responsive coilovers then the ride would be bareble and could look real well!?

Glen.

Hmmm, point well taken.

If it was however a black car, because of the shadowing and lines not seeming as aparent, it may seem like the car is lower, not giving off that 4x4 look, if you know what I mean?

Anywhoooo, was just a thought. Take it 19's look well. Im sure if you get a low enough profile and soft but responsive coilovers then the ride would be bareble and could look real well!?

Glen.

I hvae 19s on mine, its somewhat low and the ride comfort.... Well some are amazed how smooth it is! but i do live in Milton Keynes where the roads and nice and flat and smooth.

20s on a IS is no-no for me. Unless you went staggerd, 19s on the front 20s on the back, seen this done and it doesn't look toooo bad.

Coilovers, if u can get Apexi N1s you'll be set. You can adjust ride height, strut height and damping. i don't think i'll ever use anything other than apexi for future cars!

Thanks for the info Mr Singh. Think I might have seen you @ E38 this yr on the sunday. The main reason I spoted the car shud I say was from the awesome sound it was producing and the fact that you were the only Japanese car there amongst all the VAG's. I won 'BEST AUDI' that day. Nice looking motor yours if it was.

Glen.

Thanks for the info Mr Singh. Think I might have seen you @ E38 this yr on the sunday. The main reason I spoted the car shud I say was from the awesome sound it was producing and the fact that you were the only Japanese car there amongst all the VAG's. I won 'BEST AUDI' that day. Nice looking motor yours if it was.

Glen.

Hi Glen,

yes i was at E38 :D

I've taken a slightly reserved approach to the exterior styling, not the norm' on jap cars, although the IS shape has plenty of potential for that 'euro'd look.

Was your Audi the black TT with the A6 front end with the BBS LMs?

I'm sure I wont let you boys down. It'll be garaged up until most of the mods are complete and then I will bring it out, say March/April time of next yr. Would you say that the extra's that you get on the Sport in comparisson to the SE model are worth the extra cash, as I've seen the prices jump about £2k?

Cheers, Glen. :zee:

Sure, Sport will be worth it.

I have an Altezza, the import model that wasn't sold here (210hp n/a) then bolted supercharger onto.

Nice. Anywhere you can advice that I can find an altezza? How much BHP and torque do you think yours is running now then? 260ish?

Glen.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links