Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Blitz Sc Spins Full Time

chisiang

I was having some discussions with some friends the other day regarding what will happen when the supercharger belt broke.

It seems that when the belt broke, the engine will cease due to starvation of air. And I came to the conclusion that the supercharger is actually working full time, as opposed to what I believe earlier, that the supercharger only works when it is triggered by the throttle position.

Which leads me to think that, how much boost will the supercharger gives when it is running under normal circumstances. And does it varies according to rpm or it is just pumping constantly, which will explain the bogging down of engine responds at certain rpm.

And theoritically, by changing the pulley size, besides having higher boost, the "normal" spin will be aided by the increase in boost as well?

hmm... :geek:

Chi,

when the main s/c belt breaks the car doesn't run as it can't pull in the air. It won't kill the engine as u simply can't drive it!

I have also broken close to 10 Alt to Crank belts due to spacers and tensioner alignement issues.... which i am happy to say are thing of the past!! When this is broken, the s/c still spins enough for the air to sucked in, however now the Alt has NO form of drive to the crank and visa verse so your charging system suffers, or should i say your Alt isn't charging the Battery!

I could tell some storys about that one ;)

lol

So far it's been less than a month since I since I installed my SC. I've broken 1 belt! Completely worn out 1 belt! :crybaby:

Last week my mate, who has his SC installed for almost 5 years, helped me changed the belt and tighten it much more. Hopefully it will last longer.

And also, he had his pulley changed!!! He has got a spare pulley so I'm going to get it from him :shifty: But will have to retune my ECU :yawn:

Which Belt did you break, S/C one? I have only changed this after 4000miles as a service part, might as well costs pennys!

You NEED to get me information about this Pulley!!!! We are waiting in hope on this thread :crybaby:http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...pic=27132&st=25

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links