Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all

ive got a big problem i've spotted a aristo TT for sale and i can get insured on it  afford to buy it but i've got a fear about running and maintaning it.

ie. mpg, parts? 

I would be grateful for any advice

Hi and Welcome to the LOC.

With insurance make sure the Insurance Company are clear that the car is the Turbo Version,you dont wont to run into problems if you need to make a claim and your not covered.

Regards to Mpg...depends on how modded the engine is...more power=more fuel

My cars standard and does around 20mpg around town and over 30mpg on a run.

You will need to use the Super unleaded fuel because the Aristo is a import and its about £65ish to fill the tank up.

Parts wise there not cheap to replace as you know with your MR2.

But you can get parts from the main dealers no problems,but they will have tobe order in.

Good Luck if you decide to buy it.

Hi chips

My insurance company has said £100 less than my mr2. and i even gave them the chassie number.

Another question how will the car react to doing about a 10mile trip to work will it be thirsty?!  :huh:

I do 50 miles a day in mine, get a week & half from one tank, thats just under 400 miles to a tank - 70 ltres. Some is motorway (with jams) and also back roads, it's the back roads that knock the MPG out a bit, think it around 27 MPG on the motorway and about 25 MGP for back orad usage, not bad for a 3 ltre TT.

I pay £603 F/C, 7 years Protected NCB

Hi chips

My insurance company has said £100 less than my mr2. and i even gave them the chassie number.

Another question how will the car react to doing about a 10mile trip to work will it be thirsty?!  :huh:

£100 less than your MR2 :ohmy: Bargain!!

MPG.... like norkep says on a run its pretty good on fuel for the engine/power.

I do alot of around town driving and thats about 250 miles on a tankful.

Unfortunatly these motor's weren't built with feul econ in mind, but like Rob says, boy are they fun, gives you a good feeling when the little boy-racers rev their motors at a set of traffic lights, you let them go first - politeness - and then wipe the floor with them a few mtre's down the road, ease up and watch their faces as they go past wondering what just happened :lol:

If you drive carefully - (like on old lady), you can get good MPG for the size on the engine, BUT you also play

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links