Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car's Died

monster

piggyback ecu then

simple as that

any other fault would generate CEL. which would be able to be read by OBDII readers which any decent garage would have access to

Edited by Monster-Mat

@ Gord - how easy is it to take off the ecu and also is there anything else you need to do to take the supercharger out of the equation?

@ Matt I've only charged it and added an exhaust nothing else to the engine. To be honest the mechanic asked me how old the S/C was and said he'd start with the basics. He said it looked as if someone previously has been fiddleing with the fuel filter and the crack in the housing was causing a lose of pressure but didn't know if this was the cause.

He's run it through a diagniostic and got faults on the following:MAS, MAP and TAC. Don't know if this is revelant to the problem or not.

Any ideas?

Ta, Miles

@ Matt ..........  To be honest the mechanic asked me how old the S/C was and said he'd start with the basics.  He said it looked as if someone previously has been fiddleing with the fuel filter and the crack in the housing was causing a lose of pressure but didn't know if this was the cause.

He's run it through a diagniostic and got faults on the following:MAS, MAP and TAC.  Don't know if this is revelant to the problem or not.

Any ideas?

Ta, Miles

yes its the piggyback ecu

the plastic housing cannot cause the loss of pressure, it only supports the pump

anyway, get the piggyback ecu wireing checked.........

if all the connections are well soldered then the next thing to do is get the black piggyback ecu exchanged with TTE

pm me for there email

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my car back...feels so good! :D Anyway it turned out to be a problem with the black ecu on the s/c. TTE kindly supplied a new one for gratis.

Just wanna say thanks to you guys especially Mat, Rob and Gord for your input into getting me back on the road. It may also be worth adding this to the supercharger problems post just incase it happens to anyone else further on down the line.

so the guy in the garage managed to put the replacement ECU in???  just a thought, was the old ECU still in when you got the replacement?

No rob it was not, he took it out, but was thinking it was not fitted right in the 1st place, so i think he was just making sure he was going to fit it right :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links