Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Need Help Fast

Hi everyone out there.

I have a IS300 2002 model. I have a problem with it and i need to get rid of it as fast as possible.

The thing is that when i brake at 45 mph and up i get very much vibration and the hole car shakes.

2 days ago i replaced the pads on all 4 wheels with high end pads, but it didnt get any better. Also i have cross drilled rotors and im not sure how old they are but the look new.

If anyone can help me I would appreciate it deeply.

Warped disks??

Yes - I agree. Or wheel balancing.

Might be worth checking the thickness of the discs with the minimium thickness, when you brake from a faster speed more force goes through the discs and they get alot hotter, if they are too thin as they get hotter the vibrate will increase under the stress and then has they cool down the vibration will reduce.

the abs sensor if on the hub - easy to see and also easy to break the wire, but u shouldnt need to touch that at all, even when changing pads or discs.

From what you describe it clearly sounds like warped discs, I had exactly the same ages ago, only very slight or even no vibration at low speeds, but if braking from about 100km, the whole car shakes.

I think you have 2 problems here, warped discs and an ABS problem, easy to test the ABS though isnt it!

Ok but is it possibly something else ??

I also have the ABS light,  brake light, and TRC light blinking

I got the light diagnosed and the guy at lexus told me that the sensors were bad  and the ABS computer where fried. Can you guys help me with this one ?

so you have handbrake, abs and trc lights

i have those since i removed abs sensors

I had exactly the same with mine and was told by everyone including the mechanic that it was the brake discs on the rear. I did'nt do anything about it and all of a sudden it disappeared! Turns out it was a caliper sticking slightly. Might be the same on yours because apparently the calipers do have a tendancy to do this on all IS's. May just need the calipers servicing. If the steering wheel shakes with it, it'll be on the front, if not it'll be the rears. Good luck

Warped disks??

I think this is the problem.

Caused by standing on the brake for a long time, downhill, maybe heavy weight in the trunk and in high gear.

So the discs can heat up as h*ll and change their shape during cooling. :ph34r:

I had a juddering problem like that a little while ago - felt like the discs were warped (could feel it in the pedal!). Garage said it was a rust build up on one of the rear discs which they removed and it was fine for a couple of months. Starting to do it again now though, so will have to get it checked out again. They said it might happen again, in which case I would need new rear discs.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links