Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bah People In Car Parks!111

Jiberjaber

First of all sorry to have hi-jacked this thread but this was annoying me.

I work for a bus company and today I had a meeting at the local police station where I asked several police officers about this. They all, to a man, said I was right and by law you have to give your insurance details to anyone who has resonable grounds to request them, including a damage only accident even if there are no injuries.

Mr S are you REALLY a policeman? :P  :P

Mate,

I have been doing this job for the past five years.

I think I have a rough idea about what I am doing. ;)

Let me refer you to this 'simplified' article :

http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/legal/at_the_scene.html

Where injury is caused to another person, then in addition to the above you must:

* Produce your certificate of insurance, if anyone at the scene has reasonable grounds to see it. If you do not, you must report the accident at a police station or to a constable as soon as you can and in any case within 24 hours. You'll need to produce your certificate of insurance. If you don't have your certificate of insurance when reporting the accident to the police, you may take it to the police station you nominate when you report the incident. You must do this within seven days of the accident.

Mr Scarface,

So, I've had me name changed from Roger to "mate", fantastic!

You can't beat a good old debate on the forums, it livens them up.

I get told one thing from you and something else by some other officers so I was only stating what I was told. As I said, I always thought you exchanged regardless of any injuries but now I have seen it in print on the AA site I accept you are correct. If everybody always believed everything they were told without checking first it would be a sorry state of affairs would it not?

ROGER!!!

• 5 weeks later...

A big thanks to Matt and Johnboy for their help recently in providing a new (to me) bonnet.

The bonnet is now at the paintshop waiting for me to find some time to get he car their to have it all done. Looks like it will be another two weeks or so before I have a window to fit it in.... at least the car can collect a few more paint chips between now and then without me worrying about it! :)

Excellent news.....who is this great fellow Mat, by which you refer.......

he sounds like a great man indeed...

Sc1543RockCastle-Wizards_Fa.jpg

and the young Jason asked....."Mat, where can i find a bonnet".

....."WHy boomed Mat, see that castle, beyond is a bonnet so pure, so good........go young jason go search this bonnet you so seek"

Edited by Monster-Mat

...www.posterworx.co.nz...

....."WHy boomed Mat, see that castle, beyond is a bonnet so pure, so good........go young jason go search this bonnet you so seek"

You forgot to mention it was silver oh great wizard :)

B00000JS61.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Are you a friend of dorothy now? :unsure::lol:

...www.posterworx.co.nz...

You forgot to mention it was silver oh great wizard :)

B00000JS61.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Are you a friend of dorothy now? :unsure::lol:

christina has a friend called Dorothy

A big thanks to Matt and Johnboy for their help recently in providing a new (to me) bonnet.

The bonnet is now at the paintshop waiting for me to find some time to get he car their to have it all done. Looks like it will be another two weeks or so before I have a window to fit it in.... at least the car can collect a few more paint chips between now and then without me worrying about it! :)

No problem Jason,

pleased to have helped. :D

• 1 month later...

Just a brief update....

Dropped the car off at Shadbolts in Sutton last wednesday, 5 weeks after dropping the bonnet off there! :lol:...

Picked it up this lunch time, excellent job all round, stickers in the right place, wings done car valetted inside and out... far bettwe quality than I get the car back from Lexus...

Definatly a happy chappie once again, now its back to cleaning the car every week and crying over road chips! :lol:

G.K Shadbolt

020 8642 1559

2 Vernon Rd

Sutton, Surrey SM1 4QX

Recommended :)

So did we clear up whether in fact insurance details have to be exchanged or just personal details??

I know someone who made up a load of ******* on the spot and got away with it. Not that i agree because some worthless piece **** did the same to me years ago. Only thing is i managed to catch up with them and lets say hospital insurance was needed.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links