Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Super Charger Fitting How Hard?

woodsy

hey people jsut finished the outside styling of my car, got the wheels and the kits and a few other bits.

done a few bits to inside stereo upgrade etc, got my 2 screens for the head rests adn one for up front which i am fitting next month!

now i want to super charge it and upgrade the brakes!

i looked a t prolex's super charger kit?

any one got any comments about it?

is it a good one?

also how hard are they to fot and what power increase will i get? has any one fitted a prolex one?

i was considering doing it myself or will i need an expert to doit?

thanks

the supercharger kit from any trader is the TTE (toyota team europe) supercharger kit. it is a straight bolt on kit and takes about 8 hours to fit.

if you use the SEARCH button that will give u more info, or look in the modifications section as any question you think of will have been covered there before

How will fitting the NEW s/c kit yourself affect the warranty of the s/c as it has 1yr warranty with the kit ?

I ask cause all the problems that i have had with lexus GB, and one of the things that thay said was who fitted the s/c (was VAT Reg garage) will TTE do the same if something was to go wrong with the s/c kit ? any one know ?

yes.i know

when i did my instalation course at TTE....the warrenty is only offered by TTE on kits fitted by them, or by someone who has been instructed how to fit the kit correctly.....Thats the TTE warrenty!!

LGB offer no warrenty whatsoever!!

any warrenty offered by TDi or Prolex has to be there warrenty.

however TTE will exchange things like piggyback ecu one for one, at no cost if the fault is found to be the ecu, as many of the kits have now been in storage for over 5 years.

Edited by Monster-Mat

When Necromax had his s/c kit fitted (From Prolex) he came back after 1 week as the car was not running right, he had the s/c kit fitted at prolex fitting centre, and the problem was the supercharger its-self, dont know what or who, how or why, but it was sorted with new one, but would TTE, Prolex or TDI change it if it was fitted yourself ?

Woodsy there is a Group buy being organised at the moment on the supercharger, check it out.

All this talk of problems and warrantee issues has me quite bothered about buying the s/c. Can mat and however else let us know about their experiences etc and whether the headache is worth it?

Woodsy there is a Group buy being organised at the moment on the supercharger, check it out.

All this talk of problems and warrantee issues has me quite bothered about buying the s/c. Can mat and however else let us know about their experiences etc and whether the headache is worth it?

Ask Mr prolex what went on with necromax's supercharger :question: did it get changed cause it was fitted at VAT Reg Garage, or was it just changed cause it was new :question:

Loads of people on here have either had or have a supercharger fitted and have had no problems what so ever. The only problem that seems to occur now and again is the piggy back ecu that TTE will replace for free anyway.

No need to worry mate.. Just get yourself an s/c :D :driving:

yes.i know

when i did my instalation course at TTE....the warrenty is only offered by TTE on kits fitted by them, or by someone who has been instructed how to fit the kit correctly.....Thats the TTE warrenty!!

however TTE will exchange things like piggyback ecu one for one, at no cost if the fault is found to be the ecu, as many of the kits have now been in storage for over 5 years.

Been on the phone to Lexus GB :D If you buy supercharger kit (TTE) it has 12 mths warranty with it, only if fitted by lexus or VAT Reg Garage. This is only for the s/c kit.

yes.i know

Been on the phone to Lexus GB :D If you buy supercharger kit (TTE) it has 12 mths warranty with it, only if fitted by lexus or VAT Reg Garage. This is only for the s/c kit.

intresting as thats different to what TTE say, but im sure there not going to complain if TGB are offering a warrenty on it.

seems very strange considering when chris shipley had his problem with his car, LGB basically turned there back on him, and were going to void his warrenty it was only the fact he had his fitted by TTE that pretty much won him his case.

i think LGB make up things as they go along to suit themself at that moment in time!

Look what went on with my car matt, LGB was not going to pay for my engine, asked me where s/c was fitted, it was fitted at VAT Reg Garage, now under the rules, if you have toyota parts fitted at VAT Reg Garage, warranty still stands, just as if you have it serviced at none lexus Garage (VAT Reg ). thay will try everything to get out of sorting your car, if anything might go wrong that is. I think you are right about Lexus GB making thing up matt, as thay was telling me different thing day after day. but it keeps going to the same thing toyota parts fitted at VAT Reg Garage :D thay dont have a leg to stand on :D

i agree with you on toyota parts being fitted at VAT reg garages, however the Supercharger is not a toyota part, its a TTE part with only a TTE part number,if however it had a PZ part number then it would come under the classification of a toyota part.

so, it goes back to , its good that they offer the warrenty...but in reality it seems there ***** doesnt know what its elbow is doing

Edited by Monster-Mat

Loads of people on here have either had or have a supercharger fitted and have had no problems what so ever. The only problem that seems to occur now and again is the piggy back ecu that TTE will replace for free anyway.

No need to worry mate.. Just get yourself an s/c :D  :driving:

:(

apart from me :(

I have a forever slipping belt, unless i use copious amounts of beltslip!

I need a smaller belt than the 800, it visibly moves when running :o

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links