Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Been trying to source a rotor arm for my car from the local car shops, but they all say the GS300 isn't listed.

Just wondering which model Supra shares the same engine, and would the distributor cap/rotor arm be the same, as there's a better chance of the shops listing the Toyota rather than Lexus :)

yes :)

allthough you go to a toyota dealers in Wakefield and the lexus and toyota share NO parts , i went in for some thing silly and found that out

Some of the smaller bits fit both. Exhaust gaskets, filler caps, that sort of thing.

The engine used in both cars is the 2JZ-GE. There are differences. AFAIK some of the engine management wiring is different. The ECU is different I think. The sump is also different AFAIK. Try getting hold of a supra EPC disc they are only a couple of quid off eBay I think. That way you just go in and ask for a part number instead of relying on them to sort it for you.

T ony

Did you get yourself sorted.

I replaced my rotor arm and Dizzy cap at last service and what a difference it made.

I paid about £35 including fitting.

I can give you details of the supplier I used. It was a genuine Toyota part.

T ony

Did you get yourself sorted.

I replaced my rotor arm and Dizzy cap at last service and what a difference it made.

I paid about £35 including fitting.

I can give you details of the supplier I used. It was a genuine Toyota part.

Yes mate, thanks.

My local car shop got a rotor arm in for me and (although not a genuine part) the car runs a treat :winky: :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links