Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It's a weird allen key right? Can't you try some hardware stores?

I have some wheels very similar to the sport and its not anywhere near an allen key type - its more like the key that is found on some of the high security wheel nuts.

this type is also found on the TTE "classic" grand prix wheels - I got a set of caps for €5 each from the lex stealer - was quite a few years ago tho

If the Wheels are the proper Lexus sports wheels then a kit can be bought for a £3.21 +Vat which is a new key and i think four nuts for the centre caps. The part number is PZ439-10671-2P and any Lexus dealer can get them in about 2 days.

If the Wheels are the proper Lexus sports wheels then a kit can be bought for a £3.21 +Vat which is a new key and i think four nuts for the centre caps.  The part number is PZ439-10671-2P and any Lexus dealer can get them in about 2 days.

I'll try Lexus Cardiff with that part no, but when I enquired a few weeks ago they told me before that you had to buy a new centre cap to get the key £55.28 inc vat.

post-11472-1136420003.jpgHere's a pic of one of my wheels prior to being refurbished. The locking bolt head isn't allen type, but some sort of security bolt. The key that I have is plastic and very worn.

With the part number i gave you, you will now get a metal key instead of a plastic one as they are prone to wearing

Looks like a Tamper-proof Torx to me but hard to tell from the pic.

Do you have a close up of the head?

One of THESE should do the trick plus with this lot you can dismantle about anything :D

Looks like a Tamper-proof Torx to me but hard to tell from the pic.

Do you have a close up of the head?

One of THESE should do the trick plus with this lot you can dismantle about anything :D

Mate, even if you squint and stand on your head it is nowhere near a tamper proof torx - i have the same caps and security screws on my wheels, as said before it is very similar to the key used on high security wheel nuts eg mcgard except there is a locating pin in the middle.

and as it is about 15mm across, none of the bits in the "security bit" set will fit, but anyway gecco has given us all a PN for a key and new security screws

[Here's a pic of one of my wheels prior to being refurbished. The locking bolt head isn't allen type, but some sort of security bolt. The key that I have is plastic and very worn.

With the part number i gave you, you will now get a metal key instead of a plastic one as they are prone to wearing

Thanks Gecco 8, i've been in Scotland fror a few days, but I will call Lexus Cardiff tomorrow with the part number.

Paul.

post-11472-1136420003.jpgHere's a pic of one of my wheels prior to being refurbished. The locking bolt head isn't allen type, but some sort of security bolt. The key that I have is plastic and very worn.

Thanks Gecco 8, i've been in Scotland fror a few days, but I will call Lexus Cardiff tomorrow with the part number.

Paul.

let us know how you get on. is there anywhere you can get the centre caps for less than 55pounds

HI ALL

I have got 6 brand new sport wheel centre caps that I no longer need!!!

If you want to P.M. me with a sensible offer, I am sure you could persuade me

to part with all , or some of them.

These are only the caps....not the security bolts or key!!

Cheers

Jeff

If the Wheels are the proper Lexus sports wheels then a kit can be bought for a £3.21 +Vat which is a new key and i think four nuts for the centre caps. The part number is PZ439-10671-2P and any Lexus dealer can get them in about 2 days.

That's very useful to know.

If only I knew that all those months ago when I was trying to source one, and did eventually thanks to a user on here. :)

Missed this thread.

Interesting to hear that you can buy just the key.

I have a set of Sport wheels but the centre caps have two different types of key,. One is the Torx profile and the other is just 3 pins in a triangle.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links