Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250se Beige Carpets

Having just purchased an IS250 SE in Cadoxton Slate, with a light beige leather interior, I would suggest to anyone awaiting delivery that they should specify black rather than light colours for the removeable footwell carpets. Although I am pleased with both the exterior and interior colours, the beige carpets show the slightest mark and look grubby. I have had them treated to prevent staining, but they are the first thing you see when you open the door. I suppose it will look better in the summer, but a few months to go for that to arrive!

Thanks for the tip! I've ordered the same colour car, but decided to go for the black leather interior. I know the beige is probably nicer, but do you think black leather will work with the slate exterior?

Easy mate have 2 sets of carpets! I have the beige and although they do get dirty nothing a quick clean and stain remover wont get rid off. Nothing more stunning than a dark colour(blue in my case) and cream interior.

Or do as I do - For the really foul weather and when the roads are being salted etc. Keep a set of generic rubber mats in the boot (Lay on top of the spare wheel) then when the really pooh weather hits just lay them in the footwells.

Okay they don't look great but do do sure as hell save the carpets !!!

The Ed

Black interiors look dreadful, really 1980s, especially under our often grey skies and dull conditions. Go for the beige and buy ( or persuade the salesman to throw in) a set of black proper Lexus carpet footmats. Keep the beige ones in the garage till the time comes to sell!

I have the same colour car but with grey leather interior, and it came from the dealer with black foot mats.

I am happy with it. In fact even black dirty mats stand out due to the footwell lights.

Interesting - what colour carpets does it have? are they black or grey, and if black can you specify grey? I didnt realise that there was an option and just assumed that grey leather would come with grey carpets and mats.

I just have another set of carpets for the winter, then change them in the summer months.

I actually have a few extra secondary sets if anyone wants a cheap set for use over winter.

Thanks for the tip!  I've ordered the same colour car, but decided to go for the black leather interior.  I know the beige is probably nicer, but do you think black leather will work with the slate exterior?

Should look cool, more practical anyway. Enjoy!

Black interiors look dreadful, really 1980s, especially under our often grey skies and dull conditions. Go for the beige and buy ( or persuade the salesman to throw in) a set of black proper Lexus carpet footmats. Keep the beige ones in the garage till the time comes to sell!

Yes I plan to do this, suppose they cost an arm and a leg? so may take up the rubber idea.

There are cheap IS200 ones on eBay, I don't know what these are like, but also occasionally you see genuine Lexus ones there, which I was lucky enough to get for about £50. Don't know how these would fit on an IS250 though, IS200 ones have clips to stop them sliding about.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links