Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Company Car

MrCool

Help required, I am looking to lease company car, possibly IS220 se or sport with mm, just wandered what others thought of with regards to company car tax. Other options are Jaguar x-type, BM320d, Passat 168bhp sel all diesels.

Any body had any good lease quotes on IS220d se or above 36 months 20k average per year and non maintenance.

Help required, I am looking to lease company car, possibly IS220 se or sport with mm, just wandered what others thought of with regards to company car tax. Other options are Jaguar x-type, BM320d, Passat 168bhp sel all diesels.

Any body had any good lease quotes on IS220d se or above 36 months 20k average per year and non maintenance.

Hi, Just placed my order for new Lexus 250 SE, Auto with MM via our lease company. Think it ended up being Aviva. After loads of haggles we have got it down to £730 ish minus recoverable TAX. Thats on a 3 year deal with 35000 miles per year. You can get it cheaper on a 30k mileage.

As for TAX, well not good but hay well worth it...CO2 emissions not good....

Delivery - placed order Monday, the car will be delivered no later than Feb 14th....very good, a basic Ford takes 6 weeks.

DO not go for the Caspian Sky- looks silver its white....

Can not wait.....3 weeks to go to get my new baby :D !!

Bigplanet

Wow, well done mate and welcome to "de clubb".

£730 a month, wow, that's like....£26000+ over 3 years plus a whopping tax bill...so it'll probably cost over £30,000! And then you hand it back and start again in 3 years...

I know you do a lot of miles so it's probably worth it, but I questioned the prices that the lease companies charge - I ended up buying it myself and took the cash in lieu!!

I'm about to order 220D SE plus MM which will have a lease cost of £650 per month over 3 years. The lexus definatly costs more than the BMW's where the lease costs are about £100 less - but you don't get as many extras so balances out in reality.

I'm about to order 220D SE plus MM which will have a lease cost of £650 per month over 3 years. The lexus definatly costs more than the BMW's where the lease costs are about £100 less - but you don't get as many extras so balances out in reality.

I would look at the banks and buildo's...You can get some seriously cheap finance...3.55% fixed is what I have been quoted and I believe Mint is even cheaper...less interest than getting on an ISA...but the down side is you have to put a deposit down.

Do the Math!! I reckon with 70,000 on the clock in 3 years, you ought to still get at least £8-10k back minimum (it's so new)...even taking insurance and servicing/wear and tear, it should not cost more than £4k to run and it'll be under warranty until 60,000 anyway? Then there's the cheaper servicing packages, Lexus Gold club discounts etc etc Everyone says they are soooo reliable...

So you could save £6000...that's a alot....but then if someone smashes it, dings the door...more heartache...

Even so it makes me sick the Tax man takes even more of your dosh!!

PS - if you're puting yur own dosh in, it makes you drive sensibly, tyres last longer...and hey, you can keep it longer if you want to, why be forced to part with in 3 years if it's running AOK and you can get 2 more years out of it...that's where the savings really mount up - years 4-6!!

If you a looking for a cheap contract hire car

try this Link

my accountant has one and its a great car.

Not for me though, but for a car of that list price - its cheap.

Even cheaper are deals on Saab's and X3's (yuck).

When the new 3 series came out the contrat hire charge was a lot higher than the previous shape, they drop after a bit.

I am looking to change my 3.2TT for an IS220d Sport with MMI.

I get a car allowance and do approx 20K PA. I've asked around about PCP and Personal contract hire but the finance providers I have talked to have not been confident that they can get a leasing price close to what they could achieve for an equivalent priced A4 or 3 series. I am waiting for quotes but the Lexus appears to be in the 5 series/A6/E class bracket when costing out which is very disappointing.

On the lexus website with a 2K deposit I could get a PCP for £605PM but this excludes maintenance.

My car allownace is £6K pa which nets down to approx £300 per month and I reckon it would cost me approx £250 in tax = £550 so it looks like I might be opting back in at this rate which I really did not want to do.

I am looking to change my 3.2TT for an IS220d Sport with MMI.

I get a car allowance and do approx 20K PA. I've asked around about PCP and Personal contract hire but the finance providers I have talked to have not been confident that they can get a leasing price close to what they could achieve for an equivalent priced A4 or 3 series. I am waiting for quotes but the Lexus appears to be in the 5 series/A6/E class bracket when costing out which is very disappointing.

On the lexus website with a 2K deposit I could get a PCP for £605PM but this excludes maintenance.

My car allownace is £6K pa which nets down to approx £300 per month and I reckon it would cost me approx £250 in tax = £550 so it looks like I might be opting back in at this rate which I really did not want to do.

Your situation is almost identical to mine, similar allowance etc (though I had an A4!!).

The clincher for buying the 220d was the fact that car will still be worth thousands in 3 years (hopefully at least £10k)...which compensates for that little bit extra a month now...i.e. Insurance, tax, maintenance...it's a close call and not easy to decide...

Good luck...

If you're going for a VX or Ford, go for the Company option...let the lease company take the depreciation hit...

Actually, this has made me think.

Got a call for the dealer this morning as I had registered my interest in the 220D before Christmas and they rang to offer me a test drive. I have booked to have the car for a day a week on Monday. In the meantime I asked for finance quotes but the sales chap seems reluctant to do this before I drive the car which I found a bit strange as I would of thought he would want to establish whether I was a serious buyer by getting some feedback from me on pricing before such a generous loan of the vehicle.

Either I look more affluent than I think or he wants me to be sold on the car/Lexus experience before he puts prices in front of me as he knows they are a bit costly.

PS sorry to Hijack the thread.

I only do 12K a year but over 4 yrs I got £380 a month on a 220d Se with rear park assist dealer fitted from Lombard on my company deal, and that includes maintenance, but not vat. with Lombard Thats better than any BMW quote I got.

Wow, well done mate and welcome to "de clubb".

£730 a month, wow, that's like....£26000+ over 3 years plus a whopping tax bill...so it'll probably cost over £30,000! And then you hand it back and start again in 3 years...

I know you do a lot of miles so it's probably worth it, but I questioned the prices that the lease companies charge - I ended up buying it myself and took the cash in lieu!!

The price I quoted was fully maintenanced aas well so a little comfort there. Agree may be better for me to come out of company scheme. But was not ready to have a big loan agreement on my credit record....

Thanksfor the welcome too....20 days to go...and counting. heard yesterday it was on a cargo ship, on it was to port.

Bigplanet

Hi, Just placed my order for new Lexus 250 SE, Auto with MM via our lease company. Think it ended up being Aviva. After loads of haggles we have got it down to £730 ish minus recoverable TAX. Thats on a 3 year deal with 35000 miles per year. You can get it cheaper on a 30k mileage.

Delivery - placed order Monday, the car will be delivered no later than Feb 14th....very good, a basic Ford takes 6 weeks.

Bigplanet

Hi

I have ordered a car on contract hire

IS220d SE-L with mm on a 20k with full maint for £535 + vat

mickyd

Actually, this has made me think.

Got a call for the dealer this morning as I had registered my interest in the 220D before Christmas and they rang to offer me a test drive. I have booked to have the car for a day a week on Monday. In the meantime I asked for finance quotes but the sales chap seems reluctant to do this before I drive the car which I found a bit strange as I would of thought he would want to establish whether I was a serious buyer by getting some feedback from me on pricing before such a generous loan of the vehicle.

Either I look more affluent than I think or he wants me to be sold on the car/Lexus experience before he puts prices in front of me as he knows they are a bit costly.

PS sorry to Hijack the thread.

Dealers get a wad of commission for selling finance. Also, the %age quoted can be haggled. You can also get a minimum of £1000 discount by quoting www.drivethedeal.co.uk (I got £1147 off on a 220d SE with Metallic and MM)...

Bigplanet

Hi

mickyd

£535 with maintenance who with? and do you now how much with out maintenance?

Bigplanet

Hi

mickyd

£535 with maintenance who with? and do you now how much with out maintenance?

£467 without maint + £68 for maint

lexus glasgow (arnold clark)

mickyd

• 1 month later...

I have an operational leasing (= leasing + maintenance) for a IS220d Business, with extra's: 17" wheels, MM pack. I can lease it for 736 euros excl VAT. Incl VAT that comes to a 890,65 euros. Pretty good deal compared to other leasing companies (the closest was 60 euros excl VAT more expensive); the one i chose was Excelease, as suggested by the dealer. They only do Toyota/Lexus in coöperation with Toyota so i guess they can go this low because they know their cars.

Minor problem though: it's due to arrive end of June. Guess I'll be driving my 2001 Saab 9-3 for a couple of months longer. Liked this car also (hesitated for the 9-3 Sport Sedan), but had some problems with the interior that are simply unacceptable. The dealer told me they have a lot of Saab drivers who are switching to Lexus.

Hope this was helpful.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links