Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aristo V300 Mk1

Leeky

Hi guys

Lee here, Mod from over on the sister site TOC.

How is everyone? Been a while since i was last active over here, was when i had my Series 3 LS400! :)

Anyways i've decided to go for a mk1 Aristo V300 and wanted to ask the people who know about these a few questions.

Firstly how and where do you insure yours?

I've done a few quotes for a Toyota Aristo V300 - 94 with a value of approx £3k and most places want £1900!? :blink:

But i have also done a quote on a Lexus GS300 Import and this came back as only £700 which is fine.

Whats the differences spec wise between the Aristo and the GS300?

I get the impression that leather only comes on the Vertex models, otherwise the standard v300 has velour.

Do you still get the fantastic lexus sound system with the sub?

Can i tune the car up using jdm supra mk4 parts or are there differences to downpipes etc?

Anything that i should look out for when buying? apart from the usual things to look out for when looking at supras (i mean seeing as they have the same engine)

Thanks guys

Lee

Lee, i've come from Mkiv supra's to the Mk1 lexus.

I'm insured with 'Sky' as part of the deal via Mkivsupra.net, and it was £700 ish fully comp, but only £425 third party.

re tuning bits most things aren;t usable. Obviously BOV's etc should be but downpipes/exhausts are not.

Mines an aristo and has leather and the multi speaker system. Its very similar to the one on autotrader (white over silver) thats up in Liverpool / manchester area for 3.5k

Hi Lee,

Over in the gold section, there's a company that can give very good rates, I'm with them, first year £700, this year £602, insured as an Aristo TT rather than Jap import or Grey Import.

BR

Paul

Hi guys

Lee here, Mod from over on the sister site TOC.

How is everyone? Been a while since i was last active over here, was when i had my Series 3 LS400! :)

Anyways i've decided to go for a mk1 Aristo V300 and wanted to ask the people who know about these a few questions.

Firstly how and where do you insure yours?

I've done a few quotes for a Toyota Aristo V300 - 94 with a value of approx £3k and most places want £1900!? :blink:

But i have also done a quote on a Lexus GS300 Import and this came back as only £700 which is fine.

Whats the differences spec wise between the Aristo and the GS300?

I get the impression that leather only comes on the Vertex models, otherwise the standard v300 has velour.

Do you still get the fantastic lexus sound system with the sub?

Can i tune the car up using jdm supra mk4 parts or are there differences to downpipes etc?

Anything that i should look out for when buying? apart from the usual things to look out for when looking at supras (i mean seeing as they have the same engine)

Thanks guys

Lee

the v300 is the 2jz-gte turbo`d

the gs300 is the 2jz-ge non turbo`d

may make a difference in the insurance stakes

aristo is either v300 or s300

the v300 is the 2jz-gte turbo`d

the gs300 is the 2jz-ge non turbo`d

may make a difference in the insurance stakes

aristo is either v300 or s300

Yes, i know the V300 is the 2JZGTE powered version and that the S300 is the 2JZGE version.

Yes the GS300 is a non turbo but no it isnt an Aristo.

I drive lightly modified V300 Aristo. I pay £470 via A-Plan insurance. Always found them excellent. They give you credit for past driving history and also have a scheme where you can use your NCB on a second car.

I can get their number if you can't find it.

Liam

I swapped my insurance over from sky when I swapped my supe over. I'm gonna have a phone around to see if I can match it but for modified cars I don't think you can beat sky's package really. For stock vehicles cheapest is probably best especially as they seem to be so cheap. Replacing stock cars looks like 3-5 grand replacing mine would be impossible for less than 12 grand.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links