Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Malfunction Indicator Lamp

rwadd

I recently bought a 2002 GS 300 and it's wonderful. However, last night the 'malfunction indicator lamp' came on - the orange one on the rev counter. Everything seems to be running well, and there's plenty of fluid in the auto box so I'm puzzled.

Can anyone help?

One other thing. I had it partially re-sprayed last week and discovered this morning that the front passenger door won't lock by key or remote. Could both problems be connected?

What do you think?

Richard

possibly, it could be a bad eath problem, was the car baked, was the battery disconnected at all

thanks. It was baked and they left the door open so the Battery ran flat. I'm taking it back today to get the door lock fixed (hopefully) by the re-sprayer so at least I'll know whether it was that or not.

I went to the Lexus dealer in Chester to ask them to have a look and crossed all my fingers. They were great. Took away for 15 minutes and then said it was 1 of the 5 sensors in the exhaust which was saying the oxygen levels were wrong. They said it could be the sensor (£280) or it might have been the batch of petrol.

They re-set it for me - no charge. Guess what, it came on again driving home so I will fill up at the Shell station I ususally use rather than Esso I did last time and see what happens.

did they tell you what the error code was?

Make sure the petrol cap it tight - you should hear 2 or 3 clicks to know it's tight enough.

No error code but I'm planning to go back at the weekend to have it re-set again once I've run another tank of petrol through. Then I should find out whether it was the petrol or the sensor. I'll ask for the error code this time.

ps - I usually only go one click on the cap so I'll give it a couple more this time

Make sure the petrol cap it tight - you should hear 2 or 3 clicks to know it's tight enough.

No error code but I'm planning to go back at the weekend to have it re-set again once I've run another tank of petrol through. Then I should find out whether it was the petrol or the sensor. I'll ask for the error code this time.

ps - I usually only go one click on the cap so I'll give it a couple more this time

The wife had exactly the same thing on her 02 GS300 a week ago Friday - light came on during a motorway journey - frightened her to death - took it to lexus garage - they re-set it and said - think there is a problem with the cat!!. Car is in this week for a new one - under warranty thank ***!

The wife had exactly the same thing on her 02 GS300 a week ago Friday - light came on during a motorway journey - frightened her to death - took it to lexus garage - they re-set it and said - think there is a problem with the cat!!. Car is in this week for a new one - under warranty thank ***!

Oh ****, min'es not under warranty. Let me know what happens!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links