Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello!..... Remember Me? (web Related)

Tony-Bones

Some months ago Ahmet offered to totally correct my errors in WIM.. (free i must add)

'It will be'.... bigger... wider.... more visible, he said.

Well a 'yes please' followed :duh: ....

now look at what has happened!

After my 10hrs at work i am unindated with emails and requests for solutions to the sum of 140 or so a week... cars now even come from overseas to resolve issues.

In explanation i have not 'Abandoned ship' in my beloved LOC... but thanks to Metserve i run out of time!

The 'cats' never been so 'on land'.....Yesterday i spotted grass in between his toes.... he looked worried.. a few whiskers dropped... ears went back.... tail up...'catnav on' Brown eye winking, but i have 'No time to kick' :hehe:

Simply though the Design my work load has increased at a level i did not anticipate, and i am playing catch up constantly....

Metserve.. thanks?.... and LOC please be patient.

I have a question though, please be honest!

In veiw of this expanded interest in WIM Globally i now feel the need to 'Delete' World email :crybaby: a simple reply X 100 takes an age.... but i does bother me...

Moral replies welcomed.

After my 10hrs at work i am unindated with emails and requests for solutions to the sum of 140 or so a week... cars now even come from overseas to resolve issues.

In veiw of this expanded interest in WIM Globally i now feel the need to 'Delete' World email :crybaby: a simple reply X 100 takes an age.... but i does bother me...

Moral replies welcomed.

If it's like this after just a few months then imagine what it might be like in a few more months...

...something is going to have to give as things obviously can't continue as you're describing them.

In the short term, you may want to look at a way of reducing the number of emails coming in. Options could include:

1) Stress on the site UK enquiries only and politely explain that with the best will in the world you simply don't have the time to answer non-UK emails.

2) [optional] Stick an auto-responder on your email system that explains your position, for example, "Thank you for your enquiry, we're pretty busy right now but aim to reply to UK drivers within 72 hours. Unfortunately, as explained on our web site, we're currently unable to answer queries from outside the UK." This means you can then immediately delete any non-UK stuff without any guilty conscience.

3) Maybe stick a "Geometry Forum" on your site where users can post alignment questions and only you can post replies? I'm guessing that the same old problems will crop up and by posting a specific solution to a particular type of problem, the next 20 people with the same problem can read your answer immediately without sending you 20 emails? So after a short while, a lot of the more common queries would be answered and you'd hopefully be left with just the new interesting problems and a lot less of them!

4) Instead of having your email address on the site for all and sundry to email you, use a form system instead. This would be a series of questions and answers that the user goes through by clicking links, hopefully many would find the answer they're looking for and those that don't can then submit their questions to you.

In the long term... well I think you know you need to make some tough decisions. :ohmy:

... avoid metserve ! :o :D

no ......... don't do that :D

Tony, to be honest mate........... the lack of donations have not really suprised me, people just shows how people want something for nothing all the time ..........

Start charging I reckon .............

Makes more sense ! B)

Yep, and Tony has been getting rave reviews too from my fellow 5'ers :D

Well I've been to STS in Watford and I've been impressed with the results.

Tony if you're reading....WOW!!! This has totally transformed my car, I can see why I was having some real problems with it now, since it was adjusted strangely!

I can say that I now undertstand the processes, dyanmics and how important 4 wheel geometry NOT alignment is to a car.

If you do get a chance and you have not have your car aligned yet, do go and brings loads of information with you, he loves to take it home and digest it.

I think we've found the UK version of Lanny Chambers! (geometry guru in the states)

Tony did want me to stress that he is NOT IN THIS for personal gain, all the money charged goes straight into STS's bank account not HIS. He does it because he really want to HELP OUT and to learn more abiout car geometry.

... avoid metserve ! :o :D

no ......... don't do that :D

Tony, to be honest mate........... the lack of donations have not really suprised me, people just shows how people want something for nothing all the time ..........

Start charging I reckon .............

Makes more sense ! B)

Solid help thanks everyone.... i appreciate 'your time'

MyronAub... very interesting additional ideas indeed....

Ahmet, i feel has anticipated how things are evolving and has suggested a forum addition already.... This development can only be financed through the 'Donate' area in WIM..... i simply don't have the money!

But on that note?...... this week i had a call at work from an owner of a new Peugeot with handling problems.... the dealer has measured the geometry and said.. 'We have set the Toe, that's all we can see wrong..... bye'

Obviously not, he went on-line found WIM and phoned me.... after an extended explanation he asked if i could validate the geometry report.... and i said yes, then he asked what is the cost...... Surprised 'umm err umm' i said £10... 'OK cheque and report in post, I've got the address thanks'

WELL FEED MY CAT ?

What was unusual about this one was he asked if he could remove the model and the target data from the report, again i said 'yes' ( he seems wise) that way my comments could only relate to the data not vehicle construction or visible tolerances.

One more thing everyone.... LOC is 'home' for me, any help i can offer in reading/writing or advising geometry will always be 'FREE'...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links