Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Here Is A Strange One For You

tyrrp

Right. This one is freaking me out now.

Every morning and evening I pass through a toll booth going to and from work. Just before I reach the point that my automatic pass is within range of the booth (i.e. one to two cars ahead of me) I hear a beep out the left side of the car. I can't be sure if it is from the speaker but it does only seem to come from the left side.

It is not the pass as I have had this for years in many cars and never heard anything before and this is stuck to the window behind the rear view mirror anyway.

The sound is always louder then the volume of the radio at the time. It has not happened any other place at any other time.

I accept that I may be going insane and this is the first sign of it but I won’t be sure until either someone can explain it or the booth starts telling me to kill people.

Any Ideas.

:duh: :yahoo::driving:

Right. This one is freaking me out now.

Every morning and evening I pass through a toll booth going to and from work. Just before I reach the point that my automatic pass is within range of the booth (i.e. one to two cars ahead of me) I hear a beep out the left side of the car. I can't be sure if it is from the speaker but it does only seem to come from the left side.

It is not the pass as I have had this for years in many cars and never heard anything before and this is stuck to the window behind the rear view mirror anyway.

The sound is always louder then the volume of the radio at the time. It has not happened any other place at any other time.

I accept that I may be going insane and this is the first sign of it but I won’t be sure until either someone can explain it or the booth starts telling me to kill people.

Any Ideas.

:duh: :yahoo::driving:

Sure it's coming from the car, and not the booth ? :blink:

Sure it's coming from the car, and not the booth ? :blink:

It's definitly inside the car. Happens to far away from the booth as well.

Interference from a device at the booth, affecting only the left channel on your stereo/amp ?

I'm thinking along those lines myself. Still strange that it only happens once each time I arrive at the toll and it is always audible over the radio.

Would think that if it was interference it would happen a few times untill I was passed the booth.

strange sounds like the TA or RDS

however the other beep that can be immited in the car is from the power disconnect on the alarm Battery...which is located in the rear, (for obvious reasons i aint saying where)

but i doubt its that, is it not that there is a traffic anouncement selected for a frequency used by the Toll

however the other beep that can be immited in the car is from the power disconnect on the alarm battery...which is located in the rear, (for obvious reasons i aint saying where)

but i doubt its that, is it not that there is a traffic anouncement selected for a frequency used by the Toll

Could be something like that. I have begun to notice a pattern. There is a new system being installed to sense these automatic passes. The beep has only started to appear since this has been happening. Also because of the new system being commisioned sometimes it does not pick up the passes. Guess what, the beep only happens when my pass is about to work. Still a couple or cars between me and the booth but perhaps as Monster-Mat says it is the TA system picking up the sensors about to work properly.

however the other beep that can be immited in the car is from the power disconnect on the alarm battery...which is located in the rear, (for obvious reasons i aint saying where)

Could be something like that. I have begun to notice a pattern. There is a new system being installed to sense these automatic passes. The beep has only started to appear since this has been happening. Also because of the new system being commisioned sometimes it does not pick up the passes. Guess what, the beep only happens when my pass is about to work. Still a couple or cars between me and the booth but perhaps as Monster-Mat says it is the TA system picking up the sensors about to work properly.

Where are the toll gates? I will begoing down from Dundalk to M50 and on to Galway today and will try out to see if it happens for me.

Where are the toll gates? I will begoing down from Dundalk to M50 and on to Galway today and will try out to see if it happens for me.

The main ones on the M1. You will notice the work going on in the dedicated Eazy Pass lane.

Do you have Eazy Pass. I think there has to be some link there.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links