Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dvd Multimedia Player

EXpected delivery date is supposed to be Thursday, will let you know. :D

Did you get your DVD player? if so is it any good? does it play DVD-R (saves taking originals with me :D )

let us know as i am interested in getting one

Cheers

Matt

EXpected delivery date is supposed to be Thursday, will let you know. :D

Did you get your DVD player? if so is it any good? does it play DVD-R (saves taking originals with me :D )

let us know as i am interested in getting one

Cheers

Matt

I haven't got this DVD player but I'm 101% sure that it will play DVD-R as every DVD player up in the the market now plays DVD-R :D

:crybaby: Morning Chaps, just to keep you updated, E-Buyer had originally said delivery would be Thursday, by Thursday teatime it was still a no show so I gave their customer services a ring, "sorry sir, it should be with you tomorrow, it has been dispatched", the next day when I get to the office, mid-morning email arrives stating "your goods had now been dispatched", I rang the local CityLink depot who will be the delivering courier, their system shows that they were only collecting it from E-Buyer on Friday ! So fingers crossed it should be delivered today, so again, will be the weekend probably before I get to have a play.

The next challenge will be working out how to attached pictures to my posts :shutit: :o

Oh the joys of buying on the 'net!

I use Imageshack for uploading the images, though there is a limit on the size of 1024kb's. VGA on my Sony camera gives a good picture - like this one (and only 140kb's):

roof28wf.jpg

It's free for basic picutures, and once your image "uploaded" and "hosted" on the first page, it takes you to a second screen with URL's. I tend to use top one on the bottom half of the page.

Just copy the whole line and paste it in to the forum notes, and hey presto! You don't have to add hyperlinks etc. Imagecave gives you a lot more features, but they ask you to take "spam"...and we all get enough of that already :duh:

Thanks Jamboo, I'll give it a go, is there a limit to the amount of images ? and do I have to register in anyway ? :blink:

No registration...you upload images one by one, paste your links one by one, so as log as you don't have a single piccy > 1024kb's you're OK.

It's best to do it on the hop - open a new browser for imageshack whilst adding forum notes on another...

Like I say it's not featrure rich...but I'd rather pay that price in the safety of knowing that I won't get further bombarded with (unecessary) information on "manhood" extensions etc!!

:lol:

:) Well, they arrived yesterday, have tried them in the car quickly to make sure they power up. Must say first impressions, I'm quite impressed for the money, good size screen and quality looks OK.

A few pointers though, th IS headrests are just wide enough at the top for the straps, but not overly a problem. Second point which is the main irritation is it has no Battery, power only comes from car, which means if you stop on a journey to fill up with petrol, and turn the ignition off, the DVD player has no way of remembering its position, so starts from the beginning again.

I did go back onto ebuyer and other sites to see if I could source a Battery and a remote control (again not supplied) but to no avail.

The bad news is that ebuyer have put there price up, OK it's only by a tenner or so, my suggestion is get them quick.

In the search for battery/remote I found another site that was selling the exact same kit for £175.00, eBay prices are £145.00 so the ebuyer price is still really good.

I will take photos at the weekend hopefully and post thereafter.

Can't wait for the kids to see them :)

:) Well, they arrived yesterday, have tried them in the car quickly to make sure they power up. Must say first impressions, I'm quite impressed for the money, good size screen and quality looks OK.

A few pointers though, th IS headrests are just wide enough at the top for the straps, but not overly a problem. Second point which is the main irritation is it has no battery, power only comes from car, which means if you stop on a journey to fill up with petrol, and turn the ignition off, the DVD player has no way of remembering its position, so starts from the beginning again.

I did go back onto ebuyer and other sites to see if I could source a battery and a remote control (again not supplied) but to no avail.

The bad news is that ebuyer have put there price up, OK it's only by a tenner or so, my suggestion is get them quick.

In the search for battery/remote I found another site that was selling the exact same kit for £175.00, ebay prices are £145.00 so the ebuyer price is still really good.

I will take photos at the weekend hopefully and post thereafter.

Can't wait for the kids to see them :)

Nice one mate - the wife won a PSP last week...I'm gonna get the car kit for that now instead (the PSP arrived today :lol: )

eBuyer are probably like "Expansys.com", as the stock drops the price goes up...

Incidentally, is it worthwhile wiring the ciggy socket so that you have a permanent 12v live to it? The only draw back is to make sure you've unplugged everythinng before you tuck the car away at night :duh:

Dunno whether the IS lighter is Live or earth switched (other will know) but that will get around your problem.

Also, does it have a jack type input for the 12v power from the ciggy cord (or a supplementary one), 'cos then you can use it in doors too...or when you're on holiday etc?

Jamboo, PSP is a superb machine, Sadly I dont get time to use mine as much as I'd like.

I might look at putting a power supply in the back, do you (or anybody) know if there is anywhere in the boot that is permanent 12v ?

:D

Jamboo, PSP is a superb machine, Sadly I dont get time to use mine as much as I'd like.

I might look at putting a power supply in the back, do you (or anybody) know if there is anywhere in the boot that is permanent 12v ?

:D

Never had a Lex before, so I don't know. But, there must be something under the dash (i.e. from the footwell upwards), especially if there is a fuse box there...? Ought to be simple to run a cable under the carpet...?

Stick an inline fuse to be safe (3amp should do it) if you find one there.

Try the audio forum...?

Hello

I asked if you could put a ps2 in to this system and

i got an answer from a guy on eBay saying

yes but only on one screen

he has sent me a pic showing it working

will try to upload

ok would be nice if it worked on both screens but

maybe using it on one screen is not so bad, as you can watch a dvd on the main unit and play a ps2

on the other

I am sure that would impress many children and adults

picture1407zs.jpg

I Have just ordered a set

as i have a Caravan on the east Coast and theses will come in very usefull

when we travell over on a Friday Night,

3 Young Boys in back Fighting for two hours is not fun

so i cannot wait

but i will also be putting a Ps2 in to the one screen using a Splitter on the cables with switch

so i cannot wait

but i will also be putting a Ps2 in to the one screen using a Splitter on the cables with switch

This should keep the quite, dont foget also to by a splitter for the 3rd set of headphones ! the next fight will be who plays with the PS2.

Where are you going to put the PS2 ? :)

so i cannot wait

This should keep the quite, dont foget also to by a splitter for the 3rd set of headphones ! the next fight will be who plays with the PS2.

Where are you going to put the PS2 ? :)

In the Boot

and you can get control extention cables which i will bring through

either the side of seat or try and bring them through the hole in the seat where

the seat belt clip is

But first thing first get them in and running

Cheers Matt

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links