Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Se In The Snow

Johnny A

Unless you can afford it - my advice would be don't drive it :winky: Cos whatever negative's you've heard, you'll want one! There's really no comparison between the old and new. Putting aside my concerns about it in snow, the new model is a way superior car.

Good advice. To be honest, it's probably not for me at this time anyway, if only because I like my present car too much and plan to run it for a few years yet.

IanB :D

Interesting to hear from some fellow Aberdonians.

Only 2" more snow last night so clearing the drive wasn't as bad this morning and there has been a bit of a thaw at last although there's still about 2 feet in my back garden.

As the main roads are now clear I'll maybe risk the Lex to work tomorrow. I've stuck with the RAV over the weekend while taking my daughter sledging etc, although reading Guitareth's post maybe the IS would have been a good alternative to a sledge!

Have to admit my Lexus WAS ******* in the snow.I emphasise the word WAS. Driving down the M4 the other night in terrible rain, slowed down to about 45-50mph, hit a freak patch of Hailstones. The Traction Control kicked in, car done a complete 360, and I smashed into the central reservation. Weren't on my own though there were 5 other cars involved. Result was a total write off £11000 damage. The car was a mint condition Graphite Sky 200SE. I was Bloody annoyed I can tell you. The Air Bags didn't even activate. :excl: The morale of this story is, get yourselves some decent tyres, and some GAP insurance. I was lucky, I'm with the Liverpool Victoria, got back most of what I paid. :winky:

All the best Wayne

Have to admit my Lexus WAS ******* in the snow.I emphasise the word WAS. Driving down the M4 the other night in terrible rain, slowed down to about 45-50mph, hit a freak patch of Hailstones. The Traction Control kicked in, car done a complete 360, and I smashed into the central reservation. Weren't on my own though there were 5 other cars involved. Result was a total write off £11000 damage. The car was a mint condition Graphite Sky 200SE. I was Bloody annoyed I can tell you. The Air Bags didn't even activate. :excl: The morale of this story is, get yourselves some decent tyres, and some GAP insurance. I was lucky, I'm with the Liverpool Victoria, got back most of what I paid. :winky:

All the best Wayne

Bad luck Wayne. Driving on hailstones must be a bit like marbles, in which case whatever tyres you fitted would have probably made no difference. Hope you are OK though, and glad to hear the insurance paid up alright.

hi ian,

I just use 35psi in the winter , but as the temp drops so does the pressure, so do check them every now and then.

we had over 50 cm last saturday in about 10 hours, but the roads were ok, still had to be careful, quite a lot of people had the chains on, trams and buses stopped also, the IS was ok, minor slides on ice but otherwise no probs

hi ian,

I just use 35psi in the winter , but as the temp drops so does the pressure, so do check them every now and then.

we had over 50 cm last saturday in about 10 hours, but the roads were ok, still had to be careful, quite a lot of people had the chains on, trams and buses stopped also, the IS was ok, minor slides on ice but otherwise no probs

Thanks Rob.

Cheers,

Thanks for that Ian, got myself a new Is 200 Sport to play with now :winky: , better get some better tyres though its still snowing round here. Maybe even buy some new wheels, what would look good on Strathcarron Blue? Any Ideas. All the best Wayne

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links