Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

right got a dilema, thought id throw it to the group sorto thing

decided not to go for them wheels on eBay, cos im tight,

going to re do mine, after alot of calling around ive found not one diamond place near me , Leeds..

theres a guy in milton keynes that has basicaly , told me to forget diamond as it wont last longer than about 3 to 4 months, in our weather, and he dont think it would be good if i call back in that time tell him hes crap, cos my laquers peeling

come up with this....

guy in MK (http://www.alloywheelrepair.co.uk/)says he will re weld my rims to get rid of kurbing, strip (not him) and re apply my grey bits and , black chrom the face (http://wheel-repairs.com/gallery/black_chrome.html), for 80£ a wheel add to the 100 miles travelling i got to get to him

guy 3 miles from my house, is getting a DC machine that he thinks will do my full face, he will grind down my kurbing , removing the lip, clean em, and diamond cut the face, and laquer leaving the grey alone as he says it dont needs re doing, (said that after looking at one wheel) for roughly the same price,

or i can send em to lepsons get em done there and spend 200 in carriage or fuel

what do you lot think

Steve

I was told the same about Diamond cutting. Waste of time they all said! I shall get mine done, not diamond cut but a lighter finish to give that appearance that their diamond cut

Steve

If I were you i would send to Lepsons.

As I have said before I have two sets done there and their workmanship is first class.

If your wheels are kerbed I would definitely get them rebuilt rather than cut out with the face.

The guy you say has quoted £80/wheel sounds pricey. Lepsons would charge £60-£65 +Vat for a refurb with the rim rebuilt so taking account of carriage at say £50 for four/five wheels works out about same.

Just my opinion.

PS: I thought the wheels on eBay were in good nick only needing a light refurb?

Steve

If I were you i would send to Lepsons.

As I have said before I have two sets done there and their workmanship is first class.

If your wheels are kerbed I would definitely get them rebuilt rather than cut out with the face.

The guy you say has quoted £80/wheel sounds pricey. Lepsons would charge £60-£65 +Vat for a refurb with the rim rebuilt so taking account of carriage at say £50 for four/five wheels works out about same.

Just my opinion.

PS: I thought the wheels on Ebay were in good nick only needing a light refurb?

i am singing the same tune as keith as he recommended me to go to lepsons. i had my full set including 10" diamond cut and you will think they were brand new.

i have thought about this, and i suppose if i want them bringing back to origional showroom looking, i suppose lepsons would be the best option,

its the whole Leeds to Kent bit im worried about :)

did you drive down to kent or get the wheels delivered? and if so how much was carriage.

irronic realy i work for parcelforce/royal mail and we dont get a bloody staff discount :)

i have thought about this, and i suppose if i want them bringing back to origional showroom looking, i suppose lepsons would be the best option,

its the whole Leeds to Kent bit im worried about :)

did you drive down to kent or get the wheels delivered? and if so how much was carriage.

irronic realy i work for parcelforce/royal mail and we dont get a bloody staff discount :)

i used parcel force the second time when they had finished it was much cheaper i think 10.50 pounds a box but if you have two wheels in one box it has to be less than a certain amount cant remember at the mo.

funny, i went on the parcel force web site , and got something silly like 200 to 300 £

i weighed a wheel with tire and it came to 28kg .

most prob do em one at a time, take wheel off and send bare alloy to them, got until JAE anyway ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links