Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Visited Dr Bones Yesterday

johnboy

I took my car to Tony yesterday, for my FREE fine tune, although it was way overdue :tomato:

to find that after the car had settled (since last time) that the allignment was slightly out, but enough to

start wearing my n/s/f tyre.

If i had taken it back when Tony had advised me to, it would have saved my tyre.

So Tonys and my advise is : when Tony says bring it it back for the FREE fine tune in 3000 miles, make sure

you do !

As he was saying, there arent that many that actually return for the fine tune.

A big thanks for all your help yesterday Tony, car feels great again now, will be back again for the fine tune.

Absolutely imperative you have the 'Fine-tune' tested!!!!

On cars that are multiple adjust like the Lexus often the Geometry corrections are global... after the corrections the car will re-position the parallelograms in three planes Horizontal, Vertical, and Diagonal.

With johnboy1's car it settled Diagonally OSR to OSF and violated the Toe angles

Resulting with

NSR:- Toe Negative

OSR:- Toe Positive

NSF:- Toe Positive (position) 20'= about nine ft of lateral scrub per-mile..... hence the worn out tyre.

Of the 100's of cars set only about 1/3 come back for the fine-tune........ seemingly so i have been told this is for two main reasons

1:- The car feels OK now :D

2:- Distance :crybaby:

Of the 100's set, two cars have lost the NSF tyres, both had Diagonal settling, both never came back for the fine-tune, also there has been about eight cars with an off-centre steering wheel (RHD) due to Axle Miss-alignment.... about ten cars needed 'custom' corrections on the fine-tune reflecting driving style and loading.... and the rest?...... non have had camber wear again :D

Realizing the car WILL settle and the fact you are all unique there is an absolute need to finalize the positions, it's for this reason the fine-tune is 'FREE'

Slightly :offtopic: but what's the furthest someone has driven to have their geometry done by you?

Just wondering if I'll be the furthest when I get round to coming... :)

Slightly :offtopic: but what's the furthest someone has driven to have their geometry done by you?

Just wondering if I'll be the furthest when I get round to coming... :)

Guernsey, Liverpool, Manchester and Wales are the furthest so far.......understandably they don't come back for the fine-tune....... so i set the cars in a very safe position dismissing any parameters like 'driving area/style', theoretical i agree but this is as safe as i can make it?

I am guilty of that! :blush:

oh, and for reasons...

1) distance isn't a problem, I live about 6 miles away from Tony's workplace

2) time, i'm lazy :D

3) i have been manually looking at the tyres and dont see any wear

Tony, if I wanted to come back for the fine-tune still is that ok?

I might pop over next weekend...

oh, and for reasons...

Free fine-tune is still ok....in fact i welcome it, but i won't be this Sat..... weekends are booked well in advance... can you pick another date and let me know.

My fine tune also revealed some small adjustments required.

The surprising thing for me was the requirement to run at 35psi 'cold' to get the tyres to wear evenly across the tread.

Yep..... by volume the only area of tyre wear detected on the fine-tune is pressure related, inside/outside in a uniform pattern.... This was first detected with eddie1 who used my new geometry positions and (came back) for regular testing.... from this it was realized the PSI needed to be 35psi not 33psi.

oh, and for reasons...

Free fine-tune is still ok....in fact i welcome it, but i won't be this Sat..... weekends are booked well in advance... can you pick another date and let me know.

Will PM you mate :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links