Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Gb Ceo

Want to write to the CEO of Lexus GB, does anybody have the contact details.

Thanks

Steve Settle

Lexus (GB) Ltd

PO Box 32542

Chiswick

London W4 5XN

Any particular problem you want to write to him about? :)

I suspect it is related to the RX mirrors containing corrosive substances which ruins the paintwork... if correlation of other threads on the forums is anything to go by ;)

L.

I suspect it is related to the RX mirrors containing corrosive substances which ruins the paintwork... if correlation of other threads on the forums is anything to go by ;)

L.

You would not be wrong :winky:

Just read that thread, made some interesting reading. I don't see how that isn't Lexus' fault if not previously warned (does it say anything in the manual?)

Also, is this the same for all cars with photochromic mirrors, or just Lexus?

Just read that thread, made some interesting reading. I don't see how that isn't Lexus' fault if not previously warned (does it say anything in the manual?)

Went through the manual with a fine-toothed comb... not a word about the corrosive nature of the mirrors' components.

Also, is this the same for all cars with photochromic mirrors, or just Lexus?

Good question.. I guess it would depend on the mechanism used to effect the photochromic characteristics... from what I an gather the Lexus uses a phosphorous type substance when charged electrically causes an opaque effect reducing the light passing through it. I've seen others which are purely chemical (much the same technique as photochromic sun-glasses) with no corrosive substances. Interesting to see what other manufacturers do and what "warnings" they have as appropriate.

Leland

Good question.. I guess it would depend on the mechanism used to effect the photochromic characteristics... from what I an gather the Lexus uses a phosphorous type substance when charged electrically causes an opaque effect reducing the light passing through it. I've seen others which are purely chemical (much the same technique as photochromic sun-glasses) with no corrosive substances. Interesting to see what other manufacturers do and what "warnings" they have as appropriate.

Leland

Oh I see, so I guess it depends on whether they are photochromic mirrors, or electrochromic mirrors (also on how accurate the manufacturer has been in naming the item)

I'll be checking the Merc manual at home to see what that says.... :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links