Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheel Cleaning

1972pixie

:) Good Afternoon All, I was just wondering if anybody can recommend a good alloy cleaner, which will not only remove brake dust but make it harder (if possible) to stop the dust sticking in the 1st place ?

Thanks in advance

:) Good Afternoon All, I was just wondering if anybody can recommend a good alloy cleaner, which will not only remove brake dust but make it harder (if possible) to stop the dust sticking in the 1st place ?

Thanks in advance

you wont go wrong with just washing with Autoglym, the best car shampoo. Main thing is to wash wheels regularly... :winky: dont let the brake dust stay too long on them. :winky:

• 3 weeks later...

i use auto glym wheel cleaner occasionally. is good, normally just use warm water on its own, thing is to keep on top of it i was my car every 1-2 weeks, sometimes put normal polish on the wheels and then buff them up (summer normal as not as much s**t on the roads) then it puts that protective layer on.

Halfords wheel brush is very good, looks like a slab of cheese on a handle, its made of a foam like substance.

I have heard of people using oven cleaner on wheels, have not personally done this but i expect you would probably have nice lemony smelling wheel. B)

i use auto glym wheel cleaner occasionally. is good, normally just use warm water on its own, thing is to keep on top of it i was my car every 1-2 weeks, sometimes put normal polish on the wheels and then buff them up (summer normal as not as much s**t on the roads) then it puts that protective layer on.

Halfords wheel brush is very good, looks like a slab of cheese on a handle, its made of a foam like substance.

I have heard of people using oven cleaner on wheels, have not personally done this but i expect you would probably have nice lemony smelling wheel. B)

I just use Pledge furniture spray polish and buff up after I've cleaned the wheels. The silicon/wax in the polish prevents the brake dust from sticking, at least until the next weekly wash. :unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links