Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mapping

Noel

Hi all,

I have tried every fuel station within 40 miles but can't get any petrol with a higher RON than 95, Shell used to stock V-power, but when the fuel prices went mad a while back there was no demand for it and they stopped ...

So my Question is can i get the ECU remapped to run on 95 as the only place to get higher is in the cities and thats 70+ away...

Is it possible and easy to do and Would it make a big difference?

thanks

They don't sell super unleaded anywhere near you?

i've not seen a petrol station that didn't sell super unleaded! most super unleaded fuels are 97 ron

They don't sell super unleaded anywhere near you?

i've not seen a petrol station that didn't sell super unleaded! most super unleaded fuels are 97 ron

Bit different in Ireland, they've stopped bringing Super Unleaded into Ireland. Most Texacos used to have it but not anymore:( Used to use 95 and Octaine booster in my GT, probably do the same in the Altezza.

Oh & V-Power is NOT 97 octaine it's simply a cleaner/more refined 95... Just slightly cleaner fuel but no higher in octaine rating...

I wouldn't worry too much, the danger of using lower octane fuel is pre-detonation causing overheating. The knock sensors should retard the ignition to compensate for the lower grade fuel. Won't get the performance but would have thought that you won't do any damage.

Anyone ever heard of this yoke?

Octane booster

Too good to be true.........???

worth trying.....anybody got technical, site is Worryingly vague ...

Thanks

I'm afraid as you said, they're too good to be true...

Not worth a :tsktsk:! lol

They've been tested & showed no difference to the fuel what so ever, just someone trying to make a quick buck out of naeve people :(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links