Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bahrain Gp

Guys n gals,

Just enjoyed a great day at the Bahrain GP.

I managed to get some time off work and headed of to Bahrain late last week with the mrs and kids. And since I was on the island, I thought it would be rude not to attend the race.

I've never been to a GP, but what a day. I really enjoyed it.. and the noise ! :duh:

Also, noted that out here everyone drives massive cars. Lexus and Infinity seem to be the brand most go for along with the usual yank tanks... Too many Hummers also. :crying:

Anyway back to the UK next friday.. and I'm not missing the weather you are getting right now ! :o

Gonna spend tomorrow at the beach... all day, then maybe a power boat ride ! :P

Guys n gals,

Just enjoyed a great day at the Bahrain GP.

I managed to get some time off work and headed of to Bahrain late last week with the mrs and kids. And since I was on the island, I thought it would be rude not to attend the race.

I've never been to a GP, but what a day. I really enjoyed it.. and the noise ! :duh:

Also, noted that out here everyone drives massive cars. Lexus and Infinity seem to be the brand most go for along with the usual yank tanks... Too many Hummers also. :crying:

Anyway back to the UK next friday.. and I'm not missing the weather you are getting right now ! :o

Gonna spend tomorrow at the beach... all day, then maybe a power boat ride ! :P

Yeah noticed a nice white IS250/350? at the entrance end of the pit lane.

If you're after a nice restaurant one evening, fusions is very nice.

It's in the Gulf hotel (opposite the grand mosque).

I used to work/ live quite near there for a few years and it has a good rep amongst the brit ex-pats B) .

I take it you're in the Jumeira beach area if you're going sunbathing then.

Enjoy the rest of your stay.

Also, noted that out here everyone drives massive cars. Lexus and Infinity seem to be the brand most go for along with the usual yank tanks... Too many Hummers also

You're spot on there. The Saudi's and Bahraini's love their Toyotas/ Nissans and their respective luxury derivatives the most as they keep going, even in 50 degrees C with no servicing. The reason I bought an LS400 was because i'd seen LS400's out there which were 10 years old, had never been serviced and were still going. Nearly all other cars break after a very short time out there (especially hyundai's and yank tanks). In nearly every car dealer you can get massive discounts on new cars (Focus for £7K and kia rio's for £3.5K) but Toyota's hardly ever do deals, they don't need to. The landcruiser is the vehicle of choice out there.

Agreed. Coupled with low pricing for cars, and fuel. It's shocking what we pay.

My cousin bought a 2005 Boxter S which was only 2 months old last year, fully spec'd out for.....the equil 26k stirling... the same car is around the 40k mark in the uk.

We are idiots when we pay such a high price for very similar products.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links