Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi all

I have a Lexus GS300 (2000 model?) which has suddenly started to beep at me. It happens when operating the locks/alarm using the key. I hear 16 (yes, sixteen!) beeps about 20 secs after I lock the car and about 8 or so beeps when I unlock it. Nothing comes up on the dash/display... no lights, just a series of beeps. They're not loud like an alarm - in fact when I first heard it I thought it was a lorry reversing "somewhere down the street" it was that quiet. But it's definitely coming from under the bonnet somewhere.

Car is driving fine. Car is locking and unlocking fine.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance!

ruzz

Have you got an after market alarm if yes it may be telling you that an alrm was activated whilst you were away or your doors are not locked properly whilst arming. i had this with my toad. does the indicators flash with the beep?

Many thanks for the replies guys...

Tempo.

Have you got an after market alarm

Not sure - I'm not the first owner. How would I tell if it's original or not?

if yes it may be telling you that an alrm was activated whilst you were away

That's certainly not the case - I'd hear it.

or your doors are not locked properly whilst arming. i had this with my toad.

Following the earlier advice (thanks norkep!) I opened/reclosed everything. Still it beeps. :o

does the indicators flash with the beep?

No. Just a beep.

It's nothing like the alarm itself sounds (a sorta whoop whoop sound plus the horn) ... but it's definitely arming/disarming the alarm (immobiliser?) that makes it beep.

I called the local Lexus centre and the guy there said it sounded like a heart monitor! (I made the car do it and let him listen over the phone!). He said it was nothing "standard" so your idea about the after-market alarm is ringing true. Perhaps I'll run it over the local alarm place and see if they know what it is.

And Tempo - what the hell is a toad? :duh: (visions of amphibious creatures with remote activated alarms strappped to their backs!) :D

ruzz

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links