Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alarm Keeps Going Off!

Pip

Just been woken up by the car alarm going off. :tsktsk: I get to it and this happened yesterday too and it wont unlock by the remote in the key. Battery in the key is fine.

Open it manually and the Battery seems to be dead, no tick over nothing. The lights on the dash were so dim you could hardly see them. Couldnt get the alarm to shut off either. read in the manual that it has its own seperate power supply just in case.

I got jump started yesterday and it was fine until stood for a while and with the weather we are having are not really doing it favours. It seems that the Battery isnt holding its charge for long.

Can anyone confirm this with the alarm going off because of low Battery?

Cant even lock the car now :tomato:

Got CCTV running not that anyone will go near it but thats not the point.

Have i got a goosed Battery?

Actually I found from experience that a dead or dying battery can play havoc with an alarm/immobilizer - it recently happened on my Tubby and the dead battery set all the relays clicking like billy-o. Was cured soon as I replaced the battery.

Thats exactly whats happening Mr Morse.

Any ideas the best place to pick one up and which brand would you recommend?

Actually I found from experience that a dead or dying battery can play havoc with an alarm/immobilizer - it recently happened on my Tubby and the dead battery set all the relays clicking like billy-o. Was cured soon as I replaced the battery.

Thats exactly whats happening Mr Morse.

Any ideas the best place to pick one up and which brand would you recommend?

I fitted the Bosch AsiaSILVER 005 (60 amp/hrs) to the Tubby, same type for the IS200/300/GS300. £50.51 + VAT

Look on the "dealer locator" tab on this page: Bosch batteries

• 3 weeks later...

A follow up question. This has happened again with the new Battery. Had the Battery tested and the alternator, no problems. The guy suggested its because i dont do much mileage on a daily basis the Battery is not getting sufficient charge. I drive about <2miles a day, to the gym and back and maybe shopping. Once a week to the neighbouring town for ninjitsu and thats it. I generally have the heating running, stereo, road angel and minidisc on. Sometimes the car is not used at all. Would all these devices and a combination of little use be enough to discharge the Battery?

BTW standard lexus alarm.

Have you checked the fuse box???

I woke up one morning to find the headlights on full beam when we most def did not leave them on. Went out for a drive and they basically would not turn off had to find the fuse for the lights and take that out. That sapped our Battery and we then had the problems with the alarm etc.

The problem seems to be the light relay in the fuse box, has anyone else had this problem?

Does anyone know anywhere to get hold of light relays etc? searched on google etc and have had no luck so far.Have spoke to lexus but would like to get it cheaper if poss.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links