Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Water!

Morning all and good Friday to you & Happy St Paddys day lol,

This is a daft question really but im not very technically minded!

where do you actually put the water in the IS200 Engine, theres the metal cap at the front that says caution, but mine is full to the brim with red coolant or is that where the water goes?Since having the car ive never put water or oil in it thus far, unlike my old car which had to be topped up every couple of months.

there was a thread on this a while back but i cant seem to find it.

Thanks in advance

thanks, ill have a look at lunch, ive had no probs, im just doing wuite a longmotorway journey tonihght so wanted to make sure everything is ok, Oil is fine, topped up washer fluid etc. Just wasnt sure where to look at water level. The red coolant is full to the top so looks like everything is ok

There is a sight window on the back of the tank that allows you to check the level. It would be checked at every service so shouldn't need topping up.

Like the guys said above use Toyota red coolant if required not water.

Look at the see-through coolant reservoir when the engine is cold. The coolant level is satisfactory if it is between the "FULL" and "L" lines on the reservoir. If the level is low, add the coolant. Never add coolant through the metal cap at the front that says caution.

Use ONLY "Toyota Super Long Life Coolant" or similar high quality ethylene glycol based non-silicate, non-amine, non-nitrite, and non-borate coolant with long-life hybrid organic acid technology.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links