Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is250 Nokia Phonebook

Be warned you can't transfer a whole phone book from the Nokia to car in one go - you have to do them one at a time. Easiest thing to do is to go to lexus dealer and ask them to transfer it for you. They usually carry a phone that will do it in one go.

I have a Sony Ericsson P800, once i managed to get the phone and the car to recognise each other (your dealer should have done this at the point of collection) I merely went into my phonebook, slected file and "send this folder" it then gave me the option to send the file via various media; i chose Bluetooth and hey presto!

Make sure there are no gaps between your telephone numbers otherwise these get cut off during the transfer!

I have a Sony Ericsson P800, once i managed to get the phone and the car to recognise each other (your dealer should have done this at the point of collection) I merely went into my phonebook, slected file and "send this folder" it then gave me the option to send the file via various media; i chose bluetooth and hey presto!

Make sure there are no gaps between your telephone numbers otherwise these get cut off during the transfer!

With the Sony you can transfer the whole contact list, but not possible with the Nokia 6230i. :angry:

Thanks for the info - doesn't appear that you can transfer from Nokia phones. I'll just use a friends phone to transfer the phone book and then add new numbers maually... bit of a pain though

Cheers, Matt

Thanks for the info - doesn't appear that you can transfer from Nokia phones. I'll just use a friends phone to transfer the phone book and then add new numbers maually... bit of a pain though

Cheers, Matt

A real pain..I'm still tranferring one at a time and I got the car in December '05! :yawn: Would be easier to change the phone :)

Before I buy a blootooth phone can someone tell me which ones work fully with the lexus .I like Nokia but am not really all that interested in gadgets.....I just want it to work properly with the car!!

Before I buy a blootooth phone can someone tell me which ones work fully with the lexus .I like Nokia but am not really all that interested in gadgets.....I just want it to work properly with the car!!

PM me your email address matey, I will send you the Lexus compatibility chart (PDF)

If anyone can "pin" the PDF to the forum it would be good...

Hi Jamboo ,

i have seen the compatibility chart and the nokia 6230i is listed but this phone book D/L apparently doesnt work fully.What i need is a list of phones that DO FULLY work

Koshime used a K750i (Sony Ericson), and I am sure he stated it worked well.

The Sony Ericson w800i is the one to get - all features plus MP3 player to plug into your Aux socket... B) :winky:

PS - that's what I want for my birthday...

I have a Nokia 6310i which pairs OK, calls etc fine, but the phone book download is a waste of time. I have manually entered my numbers in...Gave me a chance to "feel" my car longer...!

Hi Matt.

It is a function of the mobile phone and not and Lexus. As Jamboo said, you will probably find most of the Sony-Ericson will send the whole phone book at one time. I have a Motorola E398 and it will do only one entry at a time and I believe this happens on all Motorola. Seems like the Nokias are the same and only one entry at a time.

Put your address book on the Sim card and transfer the Sim to a phone that will send all entries, and transfer to Lexus. Again, has to be a phone with Bluetooth, of course.

My Lexus dealer offered to do it for me.

Good luck.

Hi, just picked up my IS250 SE MM today and trying to transfer my phone book from a Nokia 6230i. What do I need to do???

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Just found an interesting article.... use a Bluetooth enabled laptop to transfer your phonebook to the car.

Do this using outlook etc..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links