Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Formula 1

Hey guys, - who here is into F1 ?

I heard a rumour that Toyota were thinking of setting up a second team like Honda and Red Bull...under the Lexus name.....Would be good don't ya think ? - Mind you as Lexus is considered 'above' Toyota I guess they'd have a hard time giving them the same kinda budget ! :blink: Anyone else heard about this ?

There has been speculation of a Lexus F1 operation in the near future, in line with its expansion into the luxury car markets, and increasing competition with BMW and Mercedes-Benz. Lexus may enter for the 2007 Formula 1 season as an engine supplier to the WilliamsF1 team, using Toyota engines rebadged as Lexus, but these rumors are purely speculative.

...all according to Wikipedia... :blink:

I suppose it'll come with a naff Japanses driver though...so Williams will be down to one potential seat for a "quality" driver...that'll help Lexus's cause!

If there was a Lexus team then they'd have a smaller sized engine with an automatic gearbox and you wouldn't be able to use the pit radio while moving ;)

Wonder if the drivers would get a danish pastry and coffee while they were in the pits....

If there was a Lexus team then they'd have a smaller sized engine with an automatic gearbox and you wouldn't be able to use the pit radio while moving ;)

Wonder if the drivers would get a danish pastry and coffee while they were in the pits....

:lol::lol: and the onboard Camera would stop unless the car was stationary and you would be able to switch off the TRC only if you did the pump the foot brake and Handbrake thing...

I suppose it's an auto it would have the Foot operated "parking brake" :tomato:

Watch those rattles as it comes down the straight :crybaby:

But it will be deadly economical!! :blush:

Hey guys, - who here is into F1 ?

I heard a rumour that Toyota were thinking of setting up a second team like Honda and Red Bull...under the Lexus name.....Would be good don't ya think ? - Mind you as Lexus is considered 'above' Toyota I guess they'd have a hard time giving them the same kinda budget ! :blink: Anyone else heard about this ?

I hope they don't drag the Lexus name into it, or at least not until they stop being so rubbish! :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links