Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Very Quick Question

Well my plan of ordering a new IS in a few months/weeks time is rapidly changing to a few days/hours time!

Think I might pay another visit to the dealer tomorrow, but does anyone happen to know roughly how long it would take from ordering to delivery? The spec I'm thinking of is the 220D with MM (although there is a chance I could be persuaded to a 250 auto). Not sure on colour yet (any advice greatly received!).

Speaking to the dealer recently it would appear that I should be lucky I got mine when I did as the waiting list is now very long. As I have bought my car from them they would have no reason to lie. Actually maybe they are trying to make it appear I have done the best thing ever by ordering when I did!

As for colours I love the way silver cars look. Black is a good colour too if you are prepared to keep it clean.

Told 12 t0 14 weeks from order to delivery on ordered model/color/etc.this applies to UK and Ireland.....I checked both last week....mine due late may early june!!

Well my plan of ordering a new IS in a few months/weeks time is rapidly changing to a few days/hours time!

Think I might pay another visit to the dealer tomorrow, but does anyone happen to know roughly how long it would take from ordering to delivery? The spec I'm thinking of is the 220D with MM (although there is a chance I could be persuaded to a 250 auto). Not sure on colour yet (any advice greatly received!).

I ordered mine March 10th, picked it up yesterday. Excat spec I wanted except colour, which happened to be my second choice anyway. My first choice would have been early June.

If you are flexible on engine, gearbox and colour as well as spec. you may get one fairly quick that's sitting around or that got registered this week to hit their targets.

Or if youare flexible on brand as well you will probably get a hyundai straight away and they will pay you :D

I reckon the general consensus is that if you want bespoke model - IE choose a particular colour combined with L pack and mm and so on....expect to wait circa 12 weeks - then as stated....expect some "slippage" :duh:

Otherwise...buy an ex -demo, or dealer stock in "standard spec" and drive it away....complete with free rattles :blush:

If you are flexible on engine, gearbox and colour as well as spec. you may get one fairly quick that's sitting around or that got registered this week to hit their targets.

Or if youare flexible on brand as well you will probably get a hyundai straight away and they will pay you :D

:lol:

All of the lighter metallics look good, but are in demand. If you go for a "55" plate ex demo, I reckon you could have one pretty soon...if you haven't driven the Auto you'll be impressed, but an Auto with MM is very hard to come by I was told.

Yes I believe so, ask your dealer if you can order one .......... think the dealers will have demos / maybe car to sell in July 2006.

I was this close to ordering a manual :blink:

I'll see what they say......if its true, fantastic!

I hear the IS250 Sport with Auto boxes will be here for July ;)

I asked Lexus GB, here is the answer:-

"Thank you for contacting Lexus GB.

Lexus GB have as yet not confirmed whether they are considering

releasing

an automatic IS 250 Sport or an automatic IS 220d.

Please confirm whether you wish me to add your details to our

newsletter

mailing list to receive the latest news in the world of Lexus.

If I can be of any further assistance, then please do not hesitate to

contact me.

Kind Regards,"

Yes I believe so, ask your dealer if you can order one .......... think the dealers will have demos / maybe car to sell in July 2006.

I was this close to ordering a manual :blink:

I'll see what they say......if its true, fantastic!

Each to his own but I cannot understand the attraction for automatics. As I have mentioned previously I am currently driving a Merc auto. This is my first auto and definitely my last as the only plus point I see is that I don't have to change gear. The minus points being

1. lower mileage per gal ( except Lexus of course??)

2. The car continually changing gears when you are not expecting it . Especially when just tootling around.

3. Trying for a quick take off so you put down the foot and the auto takes half a second (0.3) to recognise what you have just done and the gap aint there any more.

4. Not being able to gun the engine before taking off quickly. Especially when stopped in traffic.

5 I miss the pure pleasure of DRIVING a car.

What !!!! IS250 Sport with Auto, are you sure !!!!!!!!!!??

I was assured that there will definitely NOT be an option of Auto in the Sport, which is the reason i settled for the SE instead.

If anyone knows different, i would like to know because i am prepared to go to Lexus and tell them :tsktsk:

This being my first Lexus, i couldn't be more annoyed as to the way they are handling this, no one seems to know what car comes out when, and even if it will be in production !!!!!!!!

If anyone can shed some light and clear this up once and for all, it would greatly help !!!

I have been told by hte Newcastle Dealer that SE-L Auto in Silver with MM would be available for end July. I was also told again that there are no plans to introduce the Sport Auto, IS350 or AWD models here. This maybe to convince me to buy now though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links