Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Slight Oil Leak On The Gs300 1993 Model (k Reg)

A very slow oil leak it is. Each week I get a little oil left on a newspaper I put down. It is nothing major, the garage I took it to said not to worry about it.

I have to check the oil quite frequently, but that is the same with other old cars anyway.

Is it going to be a problem, and perhaps you guys could help me find where the leak is coming from?

Thanks - I am new here. :)

Mat

On my old GS (N-reg) it was the rear crankshaft oil seal, an expensive job (drop the engine and gearbox to do it) so I got rid instead. If you're lucky it could be the sump gasket, or the drain plug could be a bit loose.

Is that bad? The garage I took it to said not to worry about it, it's normal....

It is an Aristo TT like yours, it has a toyota badge on the steering wheel. The steering wheel is only worn on the top, could be the sun?

It has quite low mileage about 70k (km). Do you think it has been clocked?

The car is in very good condition though (emitting the top of the steering wheel), it has DVD screen, autobox, japanese buttons all over it lol, and has lovely alloys that shine away :)

It also has a fat bodykit fitted to it, with a lage front spoiler and a low profile rear spoiler.

Mat

PS: I am new to Lexus's /Aristos this is my first one.

Normal would be for the engine to drop no oil...

If its not dropping alot of oil then just keep a eye on the oil level,thats were the damage is going to be done if i gets low as you`ll damage to Turbos not just the engine.

At the end of the day there old cars so theres going to be things not how you`d like them.

Maybe worth saving up getting the oil leak fixed if your thinking of keeping the car for sometime.

Any secondhand car uk or import i never trust the mileage when looking at buying...Dont think theres many Honest sellers out there in the secondhand market..

Any pictures of your car be interested in see it :)

cheers chips..

nice car i like the wheels i had a 300 in a little while ago witha oil leaks i thnk i change the rocker box cover gaskets and found it was not that and it was the rear main oil seal so he put some stop oil leak stuff in it and has not been back buti would not put it in a turbo but it does sound like a rear main and i would just keep toping it up the same as i do on my power steering on my ls400

matt

Thank you for the comments about the car and the wheels. It does shovel a bit, I can not tell if the engine is running or not at lights, so have to push the gas a little to see if the car is engine is still running or not lol

It is quiet, but when the turbos go you can hear them and the engine at its full power, but I have not yet taken it to a track or to the German Auto Bahn yet...

70mph is the most I have done in the UK of course... :D

I have not yet used the Cruise Control (which is in Japanese so don't really know what to press!)

Mat

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links