Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Computer Memory

Physically look inside it mate................

You will see if you have any spare slots left .......

There are several different types of ram ... the most easiest, and idiot proof (no offence) would be to just take out the old ram ...... and take it into PC world or alike, and ask them for more .............

It's about £40 - £45 for about 512MB of PC2100 DDR ram ...........

or take it out take it to pc world let them tell you what it is go home buy it online cheaper :)

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

or this program will tell you what motherboard you have and what memory you already have and if any of the sockets are empty

i have a 512meg stick of pc2100 around somewhere ;)

took it out had all the details on found out my motherboard can take up to 4G. So it will do just that.

ordered 4 1gig PNY DDR Ram :)

cheers Ahmet

4 gig :blink: what the hell will you use all that for

Windows XP should run on that without hammering the swapfile. Just :lol:

<rant>

(I f***ing HATE WinXP. Damn garish colours, Teletubbies backdrop, options changed from Win2K just for the hell of it, stupid, STUPID quirks, its insistence on scanning every CD you put in - especially with Media Center Edition)

</rant>

took it out had all the details on found out my motherboard can take up to 4G. So it will do just that.

ordered 4 1gig PNY DDR Ram :)

cheers Ahmet

4 gig :blink: what the hell will you use all that for

Wow, 4 gig of RAM ! I use 2 gigs PC3200 RAM running at dual channel, and that's very fast. - I need it as I'm very demanding on my games graphics and like all the eye candy ramped up to max. You certainly won't use all of it at the moment..

At least you'll be ready for the next iteration of Windows :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links