Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rattle Free Is250/is220 Owners

I have had mine for a month and a half .Absolutely no rattles but I do have the mirror problem. However as almost no-one here uses their mirrors anyway , maybe I'll just join the sheep. Sorry to belabour a point but THE SAT/NAV IS ABSOLUTE CRAP. Half the towns in Ireland don't exist on it and whoever worked out the routes did so on major roads of which we don't have a lot and we use even less as they are always jammed. Probably with people using their sat/nav. I am delighted with the mileage however, 43mpg average.

I have had mine for a month and a half .Absolutely no rattles but I do have the mirror problem. However as almost no-one here uses their mirrors anyway , maybe I'll just join the sheep. Sorry to belabour a point but THE SAT/NAV IS ABSOLUTE CRAP. Half the towns in Ireland don't exist on it and whoever worked out the routes did so on major roads of which we don't have a lot and we use even less as they are always jammed. Probably with people using their sat/nav. I am delighted with the mileage however, 43mpg average.

I don't feel bad for not ordering the SAT/NAV... I don't really use it (we have a bigger car for travelling, that one does have it) and my job only requires that I ocasionally visit new customers, I tend to be on longer engagements (1 year or so with the same customer before moving on).

The sound of the standard system is amazing. I have to recognize the Sat/Nav has a great WOW factor, with it's big screen and the reverse camera... and I miss the Bluetooth (might install the Motorola IHF-1000 kit soon)... then again, it was 4000 €

• 2 weeks later...

Got my IS250Sport back in April. Rattlefree but my alarm still has it's own life (now definately narrowed down to the "close-doors" button). At least it does'nt go off in the middle of the night anymore :blush:

The rest is an absolute joy. Its comfy yet sporty, stylish but not too posh. And after more then 3 months still a rubbernecker. The only rattle I get is from stuff I put into the car (lifehammer, CD-jewelcases, etc). Fuel economy is more then I hoped for... 10.9L/100Km (1:9) which with my drivingstyle is not bad at all!

Must comply with earlier replies, this must be the best car I've ever driven and am absolutly very happy with it.

Seems like what started as a thread to redress the balance and record all IS's that have been rattle free, it is still mainly a list of rattle reports. Does this say something about the wonderful new IS?

I think it says that a lot of effort went into design and comfort, but the QA in the build was lacking sufficient testing to achieve maintained quiet interiors. The fact is, the cabin is so relatively quiet, all new owners are going to be super sensitive to the sound of a new squeak or rattle.

The rattle reports don't in my view undervalue the Lexus quality, but show how high expectation are for Lexus owners, and how Lexus needs to strive even harder to maintain their standards.

In reality, I could like with a rattle if it wasn't for the price tag I paid for it. Then again, it is not a Ford Focus or a Fiat, so we do expect better...as standard.

Seems like what started as a thread to redress the balance and record all IS's that have been rattle free, it is still mainly a list of rattle reports. Does this say something about the wonderful new IS?

I think it says that a lot of effort went into design and comfort, but the QA in the build was lacking sufficient testing to achieve maintained quiet interiors. The fact is, the cabin is so relatively quiet, all new owners are going to be super sensitive to the sound of a new squeak or rattle.

The rattle reports don't in my view undervalue the Lexus quality, but show how high expectation are for Lexus owners, and how Lexus needs to strive even harder to maintain their standards.

In reality, I could like with a rattle if it wasn't for the price tag I paid for it. Then again, it is not a Ford Focus or a Fiat, so we do expect better...as standard.

On balance, I couldn't agree more, but some of the rattles (like the centre Dash and speakers ones) are so loud you'd hear them in a diesel fiat with all the windows open... :lol:

But your main point is a valid one - you do not expect rattly Lexi!! And yes, this thread has been hijacked by the many (majority?) of owners who have had rattles and other quality issues.

On balance it is a very good car - like I've said, barring the A4, nothing in this band comes close IMHO in terms of overall quality, ride, handling etc. Lexus owners are passionate and very demanding customers, and more loyal to the brand than BMW, MB or VAG.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links