Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is220/250

For those of you who have wind noise in the doors etc. I know a fix is alignment of doors, new/refit of window and door seals etc is a solution. I just need to guage the severity of the problem on mine.

The first question is how bad is/was yours (drivers side)?

Was it:

1) So bad you could only hear that and nothing else in your right ear; almost as if the window/door is slightly open

2) Mildly irritating, constantly "whissing" and really noticeable after a few minutes on a fast road

3) Only noticeable if you listened carefully and then un-noticeable

Any help would be good. I just want to know how that compares to mine, which is really a 2) above...

The second question is about the A/C.

Even on "auto", I found that on a warm day (last week) with A/C on the system tended to chuck air out of the "face" level vents only. I know it's an intelligent system (!), but you have to manually override it to make it comfortable or cool your legs. Anyone else finding that? Also it's a "noisy" air flow...??? You have to switch to "circ" (not auto recirc on the oiler) to stop un-necessary wind noise at the front of the car (possibly the external vents).

Any assistance would be good. I'm not driving the car at all currently, but would just like to know how mine compares to your experience.

For those of you who have wind noise in the doors etc. I know a fix is alignment of doors, new/refit of window and door seals etc is a solution. I just need to guage the severity of the problem on mine.

Was it:

1) So bad you could only hear that and nothing else in your right ear; almost as if the window/door is slightly open

2) Mildly irritating, constantly "whissing" and really noticeable after a few minutes on a fast road

Any help would be good. I just want to know how that compares to mine, which is really a 2) above...

Even on "auto", I found that on a warm day (last week) with A/C on the system tended to chuck air out of the "face" level vents only. I know it's an intelligent system (!), but you have to manually override it to make it comfortable or cool your legs. Anyone else finding that? Also it's a "noisy" air flow...??? You have to switch to "circ" (not auto recirc on the oiler) to stop un-necessary wind noise at the front of the car (possibly the external vents).

Any assistance would be good. I'm not driving the car at all currently, but would just like to know how mine compares to your experience.

Just to be difficult I would put mine at somewhere between 2 and 3 for the wind noise. It's there if you listen for it at speeds over 70mph. I'm not really sure if the rest of the car is just so quiet that that happens to be the first thing you notice as speed increases. If you look at the seal at the top of the door where it meets the B pillar it seems to be harder and a slightly different profile for some reason. That , to me, is the cause of the noise.

As for the vents, well everytime I look at the display it seems to be directing air at my feet and I often wonder when it is going to direct it at my face. Best bet would be to combine our systems and divide by two...

Was it:

Mine used to be a 1.5 on your scale. It is now a 2.75 after both front doors were adjusted by Lexus. To check it out I used the (private) runway of my flying club. You have to strain to hear any noise up to 65-70 but then becomes progressively more noticable up to 130 (still had more but was running out of tarmac). Also noticed any strong cross-wind generates quite a lot of noise, but then you would expect that :excl:

Was it:

It does depend on the speed you are driving.

On your scale it would be a '3' between 60 and 70mph and a '2' from 80 to 90mph on a still day. On a windy day from 70mph.

I was once travelling at 105mph (un-noticed) chatting with a colleague with the radio on very low, and not distracted by any wind noiseat all, only noticing the red LED band on the speedo. Very impressive thought my colleague, felt like 70mph.

Was it:

Mine is between 2&3 and then only above 75 mph (which of course I dont do). After Tango's fix I went and checked my door alignment, which looks perfect, so that is probably why.

Regarding the A/C, in my experience of any climate control system, the general rule seems to be:

If the inside/outside temp is hot, then the A/C blows cold air mostly through the face vents (because cold air falls). If the inside/outside temp is cold then the system blows hot air mostly through the lower vents (because hot air rises). My one seems to work this way and seems to be more intelligent than others that I have had. The sun sensor seems to work very well, giving you a blast of cold air through the face vents when the sun shines through the front window.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links