Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need Advice On Ls400 '93

I found a LS400 '93 with 36,000km (22,000 miles approximately). The car is in excellent condition, except for a few scratches on the rear right panel. It is a metallic dark bleu with cream colour leather upholstery. If I buy this car, I intend to keep it for quite some time (hence, its low mileage attracted me) and the primary qualities I am looking for are absolute cabin quietness (i.e. low wind, road and exterior noises), smooth ride and operation, and effortlessness of the drivetrain. Will the LS400 '93 meet my likings?

Furthermore, I listen to music alot in my car. So, I really would like to hook up my iPod in the car. Is it possible with LS400 while keeping the original OEM nakamichi player and sound system? How?

Some people told me that it is better to get a recent model with high mileage than to get an older model with low mileage. Is it true?

Finally, some LS owners said that earlier LS (1990-1994) are better than the later LS400 models but they did say in what way they are better. Is it true that the earlier models are better generally?

Thanks for answering my queries.

Welcome to the club ....

I dont know about an Ipod I'm afraid, but I think that a 12 year old car with only that mileage would need some REAL carefull looking at.... bushes, anything to do with perishables would probably have dried out. If the engine has run regularly throughout that time it MAY be OK, but if it did that mileage in (say) 2-3 years then hasnt moved since, all sorts of troubles with the engine/gearbox

Anyway - best of luck and keep us posted

Dave

I found a LS400 '93 with 36,000km (22,000 miles approximately). The car is in excellent condition, except for a few scratches on the rear right panel. It is a metallic dark bleu with cream colour leather upholstery. If I buy this car, I intend to keep it for quite some time (hence, its low mileage attracted me) and the primary qualities I am looking for are absolute cabin quietness (i.e. low wind, road and exterior noises), smooth ride and operation, and effortlessness of the drivetrain. Will the LS400 '93 meet my likings?

Furthermore, I listen to music alot in my car. So, I really would like to hook up my iPod in the car. Is it possible with LS400 while keeping the original OEM nakamichi player and sound system? How?

Some people told me that it is better to get a recent model with high mileage than to get an older model with low mileage. Is it true?

Finally, some LS owners said that earlier LS (1990-1994) are better than the later LS400 models but they did say in what way they are better. Is it true that the earlier models are better generally?

Hi,

I have an mp3 player and I connect mine with the tape cassette adaptor thingy that plugs into the headphone socket and then you slot the tape adaptor into the tape player this tricks the tape player into thinking it has a tape in and tranfers the sound into the car hi-fi ( make sure the volume on the ipod is set to low before connecting then adjust accordingly.

As Dave suggests be wary with the car, does it has a service history? been dealer maintained? and if only covered 2000 miles a year sounds good. I would also try to confirm mileage is correct ( old MOT's etc) it's not impossible to "alter" the mileage with them being electronic.

Other give aways are worn driver's seat, pedal rubbers( again these can be replaced so look out)

If in doubt could always get an AA/RAC inspection.

As for the later models here a link detailing the changes made to the model.

I'm just happy to own a Lexus!!!!

http://www.lexls.com/info/

Good luck keep us updated,

Steve

If the mileage checks out and the price is right I dont think you will go wrong.

Get the car inspected to make sure all is in order, a small price to pay to be on the safe side.

The newer models are an improvement over the earlier models but you will still get a lot of car for the money and if it was my choice and the mileage is genuine I would rather go with the car you are looking at which you say is in good nick than a newer model with a lot more miles and not in such good nick let alone the possible price difference for a newer model.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links