Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie Would Like Advice ! Please

Hi folk's

just bought a 91 celsior and to say I'm impressed would be an understatment :D ,few little faults though,there's no response from CD changer when control on head unit is pressed,changer has power and ejects the cassette but nothing else,if its kaput(its the pioneer one) will it be possible to replace with another pioneer model ? and also whilst in transit (its just been imported)the Battery went down in the remote fob,having replaced the Battery,light works but nothing happens,I gather the alarm and fob are now out of sync but as the manual is in japanese I cant work out if its a dealer job or somthing I can do myself ,any advice would be appreciated. cheers. Ian.

Hi folk's

just bought a 91 celsior and to say I'm impressed would be an understatment :D ,few little faults though,there's no response from CD changer when control on head unit is pressed,changer has power and ejects the cassette but nothing else,if its kaput(its the pioneer one) will it be possible to replace with another pioneer model ? and also whilst in transit (its just been imported)the battery went down in the remote fob,having replaced the battery,light works but nothing happens,I gather the alarm and fob are now out of sync but as the manual is in japanese I cant work out if its a dealer job or somthing I can do myself ,any advice would be appreciated. cheers. Ian.

Hello and welcome,

Regarding the cd changer ( you may already know this but) have you put the discs in the correct way up in the cartridge ( pioneer have to have the playing side facing up not the label side).

As regards the key fob these are very poor on sensitivity and you need to be within a few feet of the car ( the rear screen demister is also the aerial for this) also there should be a switch under the driver's dash just above the boot and fuel flap releases marked remote on off. Make sure it's switched to on.

If that fails it's expensive to have repaired by the dealer (£300.00 plus I think) and a better and cheaper option is to have an after market alarm fitted ( e.g Thatcham) with remote access.

Cheers,

Steve.

Hi folk's

just bought a 91 celsior and to say I'm impressed would be an understatment :D ,few little faults though,there's no response from CD changer when control on head unit is pressed,changer has power and ejects the cassette but nothing else,if its kaput(its the pioneer one) will it be possible to replace with another pioneer model ? and also whilst in transit (its just been imported)the battery went down in the remote fob,having replaced the battery,light works but nothing happens,I gather the alarm and fob are now out of sync but as the manual is in japanese I cant work out if its a dealer job or somthing I can do myself ,any advice would be appreciated. cheers. Ian.

Hello and welcome,

Regarding the cd changer ( you may already know this but) have you put the discs in the correct way up in the cartridge ( pioneer have to have the playing side facing up not the label side).

As regards the key fob these are very poor on sensitivity and you need to be within a few feet of the car ( the rear screen demister is also the aerial for this) also there should be a switch under the driver's dash just above the boot and fuel flap releases marked remote on off. Make sure it's switched to on.

If that fails it's expensive to have repaired by the dealer (£300.00 plus I think) and a better and cheaper option is to have an after market alarm fitted ( e.g Thatcham) with remote access.

Cheers,

Steve.

thank,s steve,I'll try the Discs and the alarm and post back !!

:crybaby: No luck !! unit in boot shuffles the CD's but pressing the button on the dash for CD player has no effect,tape works well and radio does now I,ve fitted a frequency spreader,and no luck with the alarm,switch you mentioned was in the off position,so with hopes high ,turned it on and tried the fob, zilch,wonder if it will explain anything on one of those dvd disk workshop manuals advertised on e/bay ! anyone tried one ?? Ian.

:crybaby: No luck !! unit in boot shuffles the CD's but pressing the button on the dash for CD player has no effect,tape works well and radio does now I,ve fitted a frequency spreader,and no luck with the alarm,switch you mentioned was in the off position,so with hopes high ,turned it on and tried the fob, zilch,wonder if it will explain anything on one of those dvd disk workshop manuals advertised on e/bay ! anyone tried one ?? Ian.

Oh well it was worth a try!

Might be worth putting one of those lens cleaner discs in but Pioneer units usually mount the laser upside down so dirt doesn't cause such a problem.

I have the manual on cd rom outlining the key fob testing and diagnosis but the chances are it still wont work ( mine doesn't!)

If you need a copy PM me your address details.

Steve.

Oh well it was worth a try!

Might be worth putting one of those lens cleaner discs in but Pioneer units usually mount the laser upside down so dirt doesn't cause such a problem.

I have the manual on cd rom outlining the key fob testing and diagnosis but the chances are it still wont work ( mine doesn't!)

If you need a copy PM me your address details.

Steve.

my fob does not work on my mk3 it worked for two days when i got it then played about so i put a new Battery in and now nothing so i got a new fob as it was not a lexus fob and i can not program it in so i have giving up for now after all that locking and unlocking

matt

Well then !! CD 's were in upside down,turned them over and the changer can be heard sorting them when first put back in,but as before there's nothing on the radio display when you press the CD button,radio and tape deck play well and LOUDso I'm assuming the amps OK,prices for replacement changers seem really ott and why the huge casing for just a 6 disc changer,any Idea's ???

does the celsior have alarm/immobiliser and I'm supposing that if it does they wont be armed without the fob when locking with the keys ? if thats the case I'll have to be getting an aftermarket one fitted,thanks for the reply

and why is it 25% of the price to buy a timing belt kit from the states that was made and shipped over there from here,someone's having a LARF or are they of naff construction ?????

Well then !! CD 's were in upside down,turned them over and the changer can be heard sorting them when first put back in,but as before there's nothing on the radio display when you press the CD button,radio and tape deck play well and LOUDso I'm assuming the amps OK,prices for replacement changers seem really ott and why the huge casing for just a 6 disc changer,any Idea's ???

does the celsior have alarm/immobiliser and I'm supposing that if it does they wont be armed without the fob when locking with the keys ? if thats the case I'll have to be getting an aftermarket one fitted,thanks for the reply

and why is it 25% of the price to buy a timing belt kit from the states that was made and shipped over there from here,someone's having a LARF or are they of naff construction ?????

Hi,

I'm surprised your radio works as the Japanese FM frequencies are different to the UK and I can only get radio 2.

If you have the same hi-fi as mine the changer is located on the RHS of the boot and it should be the premium system with the amplifier mounted above it.

You will have to remove the carpet moulding around it ( 2 screws in the 1st aid box holder and a couple of plastic clips plus feed the fuel flap puller thru)) then have a look and check that the 2 plugs are in between the cd changer and the amp ( 1 is on the LHS( blue I think) the other is at the back of the amp.

Cheers,

Steve

ah well,thats another story,the radio was pretty naff,and same again you can only get radio 2 but a lousy signal,was told to get a "band spreader",so bought one and fitted it this afternoon,no bloody differance :duh: ,still sounds like there's no ariel,talking of which,there isnt !! I take it its in the rear screen is it ? whats the sound quality like on yours steve ? I had a look at the changer last night before I saw your post,but didnt remove the unit to check all the plugs,only saw the two that plug into the top part,which you say is the amp ? will have another look on sat,if no joy looks like been the i-pod and tape adapter,never thought while fitting the spreader to have a look to see if there's anywhere at the back of the radio to plug a player in,but bearing in mind its age,I shouldnt think there will be. cheers. Ian

ah well,thats another story,the radio was pretty naff,and same again you can only get radio 2 but a lousy signal,was told to get a "band spreader",so bought one and fitted it this afternoon,no bloody differance :duh: ,still sounds like there's no ariel,talking of which,there isnt !! I take it its in the rear screen is it ? whats the sound quality like on yours steve ? I had a look at the changer last night before I saw your post,but didnt remove the unit to check all the plugs,only saw the two that plug into the top part,which you say is the amp ? will have another look on sat,if no joy looks like been the i-pod and tape adapter,never thought while fitting the spreader to have a look to see if there's anywhere at the back of the radio to plug a player in,but bearing in mind its age,I shouldnt think there will be. cheers. Ian

Well Radio 2 is coming in loud and clear but that's the only channel I get, I also think the aerial is built into the rear screen but also noticed that there are 2 aerial inputs to the in dash unit ( poss am/fm?).

If you look above the cd changer there should be another metal box this is the amp ( well it is on my 94 Celsior).

Cheers,

Steve

PS does yours have the "fender pole" on the nearside bumper?

no it doesn't but ive seen them on other large motors in the states,so you know where the nearside corner is ?? I might have to see if a facia plates available to enable another radio to be fitted,but thats a later job,just enjoying the ride at the moment,I'll have to dig out the old cassette's and get transfering from the CD collection,you have to listen to something as you cant hear anything form the big outside world. Ian.

hi Ian10,welcome to loc :)

and a welcome to yourself spike,question for anyone,seeing as I'm having crap reception with the radio(band spreader fitted or not) and the CD's goosed,I,m thinking to put my i-pod in the car using an FM modulator,do you reckon that should be ok or does the reception problem still need sorting,the modulator i'm going to use can transmit or be plugged into the ariel socket on the back of the radio unit ?? yours hopefully. Ian.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links