Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Door Rust

Hello good people,

I would like your comments and advice please.

My is200 se is 2 years old and i have had the wheels replaced twice under warranty due to rust. I now have rust taking over on the tops of all door glass surround pillars

(Hope that makes sense) it is the black painted part.

My Lexus dealer has said that it is not unusual, which probably means it's common.

They say that it can be dealt with by treating and re-spraying. Does anyone have experience of this? and, will it be a satisfactory remedy?

I must say that I am disappointed with the standard of the car and as I have to drive 110mls to my nearest dealer it is proving costly and inconvenient.

also have had problems with heated seats not working and wheel locking nuts having to be damaged to remove them after my dealer had changed the wheels.

Probably tightened them too much.

How does one get to complain to Lexus direct?

Many thanks.

LYFORD

how long does warrenty on paint last for, ive noticed a couple of stone chips on my bonnett are starting to rust. I assume i wont be covered as im from the dark ages with a 1999 IS, but thought id ask anyway

how long does warrenty on paint last for, ive noticed a couple of stone chips on my bonnett are starting to rust. I assume i wont be covered as im from the dark ages with a 1999 IS, but thought id ask anyway

I think you'll struggle with stone chips as the warranty will only cover elements attributable to manufacturing defects or a fault in 'workmanship'.

Surface rust from the chips these may well be covered early in the cars life but I've never heard of it being anymore than 3 years. General corrosion cover can last up to 12 years but again, only for manufactured defects whereby the rust starts from the inside or if there is an inherent design fault leading to water collection etc.

Rich.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links