Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Less Than 2 Weeks To Go

Well it's now less than 2 weeks to go until i pick up my IS220D with multimedia i have a few days off work and want to do some wma cd's i have a couple of questions.

1) Can the MM system read cd-rw's?

2) I have written the wma's at 192kbps will this play ok

3) Does the system display ID3 tags?

4) Can the MM System handle folders?

Many thanks looking forward to my new toy!!!

I'm in a similar situation as still got 6 days to go, but as far as I know and what others have stated...

Yes it can, the system cannot read DVD-R for MP3's however (Don't stick any labels on, may cause the CD's to jam)

Concensus is that this is the best bit rate to use, any lower and the quality difference starts to show due to the sheer brilliance of the ML system

From what I've read, yes.

Yes, maximum 'depth' is 8 levels. Also, I believe it's better to tray and avoid mixing WMA and MP3 files but a current owner will help better with this

Cheers and hopefully the time will pass quickly till it arrives!

I'm in a similar situation as still got 6 days to go, but as far as I know and what others have stated...

Yes it can, the system cannot read DVD-R for MP3's however (Don't stick any labels on, may cause the CD's to jam)

Concensus is that this is the best bit rate to use, any lower and the quality difference starts to show due to the sheer brilliance of the ML system

Yes, maximum 'depth' is 8 levels. Also, I believe it's better to tray and avoid mixing WMA and MP3 files but a current owner will help better with this

Mine still has an issue with WMA...it reads the folders, and then skips one track to the next...until all tracks have been "skipped" then goes to the next CD in the stacker!

I use 96k compression on some old music which I have converted from LP's and tapes, but I'm used the quality issue. The 192k is very very good!!

I reckon I've missed a hidden file somewhere in copying over!!

I've also just bought Roxio 8 and will try to see if a DVD Music (not DVD Audio) disc will work...though others have failed!!

I reckon it's a combination of the DVD Nanny features and Driver/OS that stops DVD MP3's from a working...

Mine still has an issue with WMA...it reads the folders, and then skips one track to the next...until all tracks have been "skipped" then goes to the next CD in the stacker!

I use 96k compression on some old music which I have converted from LP's and tapes, but I'm used the quality issue. The 192k is very very good!!

I reckon I've missed a hidden file somewhere in copying over!!

I've also just bought Roxio 8 and will try to see if a DVD Music (not DVD Audio) disc will work...though others have failed!!

I reckon it's a combination of the DVD Nanny features and Driver/OS that stops DVD MP3's from a working...

The MM system will not read any type of recordable or rewritable DVD media, it says as much in the manual for the Sat Nav. With regards to MP3 and WMA on various types of CD media, you must keep to the bit-rate limits in the manual, this is especially true when using variable bit-rate where you must specify the maximum rate allowed. I have successfully created a disc full of WMA within folders using Windows Media Codec 9, but only the files created using a script to control the bit-rates actually worked. When I added some new files using the Windows front end the MM system just skipped over them. The full disc has now been processed using a command line script and every file and folder works fine. The burning software appears to have little effect, I still use an old copy of Nero 5.

Well it's now less than 2 weeks to go until i pick up my IS220D with multimedia i have a few days off work and want to do some wma cd's i have a couple of questions.

Many thanks looking forward to my new toy!!!

Sorry for being negative but when I read these threads I seriously start to wonder if I have wasted €5400 on the MM package because all you guys seem to know a lot about computers, media systems bit rates etc. Wheras I am doing well to send an email, know sweet F/A about media systems, rewritable CDs etc and I wouldn't have a clue how to go about checking how many kbps a CD I had was written at. This is all gobbledy-gook to me .Is all this stuff explained in the manual ?

Sorry for being negative but when I read these threads I seriously start to wonder if I have wasted €5400 on the MM package because all you guys seem to know a lot about computers, media systems bit rates etc. Wheras I am doing well to send an email, know sweet F/A about media systems, rewritable CDs etc and I wouldn't have a clue how to go about checking how many kbps a CD I had was written at. This is all gobbledy-gook to me .Is all this stuff explained in the manual ?

If you don't really use mp3s or anything like that and simply play proper audio cds, you've got nothing to worry about. Just stick them in, and they'll play, and the money you've spent will go towards the fantastic sound quality you'll get through your ML system - there's also the satnav as well so your money isn't wasted :)

Although I am a little disappointed how the MM doesn't seem to be that user friendly - with the merc comand system, simply burned a DVD-RW full of mp3s, all played fine first time....... ;)

The MM system will not read any type of recordable or rewritable DVD media, it says as much in the manual for the Sat Nav. With regards to MP3 and WMA on various types of CD media, you must keep to the bit-rate limits in the manual, this is especially true when using variable bit-rate where you must specify the maximum rate allowed. I have successfully created a disc full of WMA within folders using Windows Media Codec 9, but only the files created using a script to control the bit-rates actually worked. When I added some new files using the Windows front end the MM system just skipped over them. The full disc has now been processed using a command line script and every file and folder works fine. The burning software appears to have little effect, I still use an old copy of Nero 5.

Errm... hate to disagree, mine does play RW DVD's..

Not tried CDRW as I don't use them.

I have created several DVD-Audio discs and they are fine; just bloody long winded to create them; but at least I have nice pretty menus :)

I have created several DVD-Audio discs and they are fine; just bloody long winded to create them; but at least I have nice pretty menus :)

...tell me more....what software did you use??

I'm not an audiophile, but I have seen that you can now buy DVD Audio for pop music etc from various on line retailers...looks as though that is the future of disc'd music...

It'll be that for a hard copy or MP3/On line only in a few years...

Amazon Blog on DVD Audio

PS - used CD-RW and CD-R with MP3 and no problems...

PPS - BarryLavin - you really HAVE NOT wasted any cash...the system really compliments the car and one without feels bare and naked!!

Marjohn, I've managed to create "DVD-Audio" discs with the graphical menus BUT when I play them back I don't get any album/artist info and the pretty menu promptly disappears when you drive off - car treats this as video and we all know that you'll not allowed to look at video as you drive along :angry:

They play fine but it's just like playing a large CD of music i.e. no MP3 info.

Have you managed to get any track info through your setup ?

I'm not an audiophile, but I have seen that you can now buy DVD Audio for pop music etc from various on line retailers...looks as though that is the future of disc'd music...

Jamboo, I have a couple; Stone Pilots and Alanis Morisette, to be honest they didn't seem that great, but I do run my "normal" CDs in surround mode so I couldn't hear much difference.

I've got my iPod hooked up and am really suprised at how good 128k/sec aac sounds on the ML. I'm now thinking about getting one of these installed ...

SoundLinQ

Marjohn. Would like to know what software you used and what the file format is. i.e. DVD-Audio??? not MP3 or WMA. I don't think it is a DVD-R or DVD-RW issue, but a file type issue.

I have posted a response from ML about MP3s on DVD in the last couple of weeks.

Barry. As all others haev said, you haven't wasted any money on the MM system. Normal music DVDs and CDs sound fantastic. Putting the music into MP3 or WMA format is just compressing the data (music) and allows you to store a whole lot more onto one CD. On average, you may get 10 to 20 CDs on a CD-R if compressed to 128kbps. At 196kbps it will be less compressed and hence each song uses more space. If you have Windows Media player (software) and a CD Burner on your PC, it won't be too difficult for you to learn how to make MP3 or WMA CDs of your music CDs.

priorypcclinic & Rich_Bee. If you want to get an early start about the "toys" in your new cars, you can get all (I think) the manuals online at the US LOC website. Happy reading. :)

priorypcclinic & Rich_Bee. If you want to get an early start about the "toys" in your new cars, you can get all (I think) the manuals online at the US LOC website. Happy reading. :)

Rap03,

Cheers for the tip :) . I wrote the reply on the 2nd My, drove off to Bristol and got a call from Lexus saying it was ready. Picked it up 3pm that afternoon! Not even half way through the manual yet!

Rich.

Good news - My dealer called me up and said my IS220D SE MM which was due early june has arrived and ready for me to collect this week. Unfortunatly I'm in barcelona all week so will have to wait till saturday. I'm still mulling over whether to get myself a new mobile phone so will test out my current nokia 6021 and see how that integrates first. Does anyone know if you can get Text messages on the MM screen? that would be really cool.

As an aside I went for messa red because I saw one in the showroom and it looked really cool. Since then i've seen a couple on the road and they definatly look a few shades darker than the one i saw. Maybe it was just the showroom lighting but the one i saw was a bright red whereas the ones i've seen look almost cherry red... Not that I'm too fussed but it does seem strange as other colours I saw in showroom look same on the road.

I will be interested to see if many of the early problems (squeaks etc) have been fixed in my build...

Does anyone know if you can get Text messages on the MM screen?

Not as far as I can tell, nothing in the manual and nothing obvious. It's a shame really because that would have been a good feature. On my wife's 807 it will read back the text messages or you can view them on the screen.

Maybe a future MM upgrade will provide the feature.

Picked up mine on saturday (220D MM Mesa) and it drives great - no rattles etc. Have done 250 miles as mix of motorway/city/a-roads and average 40mpg so not bad really. My nokia 6021 integrates well so I'll stick with it for a while. Reversing camera is very handy and the sound system superb.. Bascially no complaints at all so far. will look into getting the cover for the MM screen as its full of fingerprints already.

Picked up mine on saturday (220D MM Mesa) and it drives great - no rattles etc. Have done 250 miles as mix of motorway/city/a-roads and average 40mpg so not bad really. My nokia 6021 integrates well so I'll stick with it for a while. Reversing camera is very handy and the sound system superb.. Bascially no complaints at all so far. will look into getting the cover for the MM screen as its full of fingerprints already.

I wanna C sum fotoes!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links