Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Who Was The Greatest Entertainer/artist Of Our Century?

Pip

I remember the Mail ran a poll last year or something about this with readers voting in.

I disagreed with the final outcome.

So who do you guys think? I think it could be titled the greatest artist/entertainer ever. We are talking influential and who set the bench marks for everything there after.

Mine without doubt, the King: Elvis Presley. :winky:

I remember the Mail ran a poll last year or something about this with readers voting in.

I disagreed with the final outcome.

So who do you guys think? I think it could be titled the greatest artist/entertainer ever. We are talking influential and who set the bench marks for everything there after.

Mine without doubt, the King: Elvis Presley. :winky:

I agree that Elvis was certainly a fantastic entertainer - one of the best. Many will say he was/is the best entertainer ever, but I think not. He did set benchmarks, but does that mean this automatically disqualifies all those that come thereafter? It shouldn't be the be all and end all.

This leads me to say that in my opinion - Michael Jackson is the greatest entertainer of the last century. Remember I am too young to have been involved in the Elvis hysteria, so this may cloud my judgement on him.

Equally you could chose a fantastic film star - but they aren't as good in concert! :lol:

Dude i am 26 i aint 40!!

I was past the Elvis phenomenon but i still felt the impact through my mum and listening to him.

"Without Elvis there would be nothing..." John Lennon

Enough said and i dont like the beatles.

That's the problem, the earlier you go, the more potential for influence people have. It makes the question a little unfair on all music types that came after Elvis's hips.

Some people may say that Jenna Jameson is a particularly fine entertainer in her genre... :winky: :blush:

That's the problem, the earlier you go, the more potential for influence people have. It makes the question a little unfair on all music types that came after Elvis's hips.

Some people may say that Jenna Jameson is a particularly fine entertainer in her genre... :winky: :blush:

I would have to agree with you mate on Jenna. I have one of her dvd's. :blush:

Her, Sunrise Adams and also Devon. I just wish daddy never was mean to them so maybe they would have never chosen that path and more the path into me arms lol! :D

Kurt was acclaimed to change the route that was 80's stadium and power rock and re-route the swing to grunge.

Thing is Ad is that i am into rock and metal and there were seattle bands before nirvana ie Alice in Chains and soundgarden that were doing it before him. He just added his own little twist.

Elvis is certainly a great entertainer but not really an artist.

Charlie Chaplin would surely qualify for both. While i am not a great fan i do admire his ingenuity.

hmmm, the original question was an interesting proposition...

but since people disagreed you narrowed things down to try and get people to agree with you...

No read it mate.

You could have said Sinatra as someone did. Jonny Cash, Beatles, Jimmy Hendrix, Roy Orbison, The Doors, there are plenty mate and plentry points to argue the reason why.

Some may argue the beatles to be the best.

I havent narrowed anything all i said was musically speaking.

When i was young i had the p!ss taken at school cause i liked Elvis, I dont need people to agree with me.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links