Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking To Buy My 1st Is200

Hi guys, im a newby and aftr a bit of advise. Im looking to buy my 1st Is200 and can't decide between the IS200 SE or Sport. It has to be a minimum 04 plate as I want a private plate to go on it. I really, really want to have an Aero Kit on it aswell. How much should I be looking at spending and where to buy from, dealer or Private. Please help me decide.

I would go for the Sport this comes with Tinted windows and spoiler as standard

Not sure there is a lot else between the Sport & SE anyway sport would suit your aero kit better as for how much it will cost you should check auto trader (be Carfull I spent £300 on HPI checks b4 i found one that wasn't a write off or still under finance in that sense you might be better off with main dealer)

I thought lexus stopped the IS200 in 2003?

Happy Hunting If you do buy you wont be dissapointed

Welcome to LOC

Last Is200's were made in the begining of 2005 (05 plate). So they are around. Im looking to Part ex an N reg 316i BM, wonder if the dealer will give me £2500 for it?

I been driving for 2 & Half no claims but one conviction cost me £950 which is not bad in comaprrioson if you go gold there are discounts offered for the LOC to get a further 15% off insurance with adrian flux im waiting on a quote back from them so ill let you know

G

I had the same dilema a few weeks ago

I would personally suggest that you just go out looking WITHOUT a specific variation in mind

In the back of my mind I wanted a SPORT - more for the image than the features B)

However, when I went out looking I stumbled across a gorgeous 05 PLATINUM ICE IS 200 SE with 7k on the clock that was a shade over £16k (It was advertised for £18k a month or so earlier)

If you are buying an Approved LEXUS from a dealer and the car you go for is new enough you can do the LEXUS finance with the GUARANTEED future value (same as the new ones)

If it is a little older then they still offer a deal but do not guarantee the future value

It is obviously a little more expensive from a dealer but for peace of mind and the finance deal (you only pay off half the car over finance) may be a suitable option - it was for me :-D

I went for the SE for a more comfortable ride (although still nice and tight) - I felt the SPORT may have been a little too stiff for everyday use

I did manage to find an SE with the SPORT Grille and SPORT rear spoiler - mine were ex-LEXUS staff cars and the sales reps get an "extras" budget for their cars - most go for these on the SE (I would not have got an SE without a spoiler and the Sport Grille is a must have addition IMHO ;-) )

I don't miss the tinted windows, Slip-Diff, ally pedals and door plates

Finally - Don't forget that they started putting in SAT NAV in as standard on the later models (late 04 and all 05s I think) for no extra cost so I would try to find one of these if you like toys

I would ring around for insurance quotes - I have been using ADRIAN FLUX for years and found the quotes much cheaper than elsewhere and the service has been fantastic

Good luck and let us know what you get

Sorry to be so morbid but have actually had to use adrian Flux Properly? IE Claims

The only reason i ask is that i'm waiting on a quote back and if they come in cheaper then great but iv'e never heard of the company before LOC so just a bit worried about aftersales,claims,customer service etc

Thanks for you time

I had the same dilema a few weeks ago

I would personally suggest that you just go out looking WITHOUT a specific variation in mind

In the back of my mind I wanted a SPORT - more for the image than the features B)

However, when I went out looking I stumbled across a gorgeous 05 PLATINUM ICE IS 200 SE with 7k on the clock that was a shade over £16k (It was advertised for £18k a month or so earlier)

If you are buying an Approved LEXUS from a dealer and the car you go for is new enough you can do the LEXUS finance with the GUARANTEED future value (same as the new ones)

If it is a little older then they still offer a deal but do not guarantee the future value

It is obviously a little more expensive from a dealer but for peace of mind and the finance deal (you only pay off half the car over finance) may be a suitable option - it was for me :-D

I went for the SE for a more comfortable ride (although still nice and tight) - I felt the SPORT may have been a little too stiff for everyday use

I did manage to find an SE with the SPORT Grille and SPORT rear spoiler - mine were ex-LEXUS staff cars and the sales reps get an "extras" budget for their cars - most go for these on the SE (I would not have got an SE without a spoiler and the Sport Grille is a must have addition IMHO ;-) )

I don't miss the tinted windows, Slip-Diff, ally pedals and door plates

Finally - Don't forget that they started putting in SAT NAV in as standard on the later models (late 04 and all 05s I think) for no extra cost so I would try to find one of these if you like toys

I would ring around for insurance quotes - I have been using ADRIAN FLUX for years and found the quotes much cheaper than elsewhere and the service has been fantastic

Good luck and let us know what you get

Sorry to be so morbid but have actually had to use adrian Flux Properly? IE Claims

The only reason i ask is that i'm waiting on a quote back and if they come in cheaper then great but iv'e never heard of the company before LOC so just a bit worried about aftersales,claims,customer service etc

Thanks for you time

Unfortunately YES! :tomato:

I have been invoved in a FAULT and NON-FAULT accident and they were fantastic!

I have been with them (and constantly renewing with them) for over 5 years

I originally went with them as they seemed aimed at "Boy Racers" and when I was younger and had a Rover Coupe I got a quote and signed up

Since growing up (not necessarily maturing) I have always found their quotes and service excellent

They are essentially a broker I think - your actual insurance is likely to be with a more well known company (mine is currently with Royal Sun Alliance)

I have also been promised a further 10% discount for being a LOC Gold Member when I get around to doing it ;-)

I really can't fault them and if anything their service has improved (I actually received a very interesting motoring magazine free of charge last week)

ALSO - I did not have to pay any extra when I got my 3 points for speeding :whistling:

I phoned them to notify them and I was expecting to pay an extra premium but didn't have to pay a penny - my renewal also went down so I didn't get stung there either (PHEW!)

ADRIAN FLUX definitely gets my recommendation

Not sure where in London your at, but a quick look on Autotrader under private and trade showed up these two:

Private and Trade:

Trade

Yeah it would be good to get one with a kit already on, but it's not the end of the world if you don't. There's plenty of them popping up from time to time. :winky:

Thanks Boydie

That's good news i haven't heard back from them yet but thanx for info

Thanks for you time

Unfortunately YES! :tomato:

I have been invoved in a FAULT and NON-FAULT accident and they were fantastic!

I have been with them (and constantly renewing with them) for over 5 years

I originally went with them as they seemed aimed at "Boy Racers" and when I was younger and had a Rover Coupe I got a quote and signed up

Since growing up (not necessarily maturing) I have always found their quotes and service excellent

They are essentially a broker I think - your actual insurance is likely to be with a more well known company (mine is currently with Royal Sun Alliance)

I have also been promised a further 10% discount for being a LOC Gold Member when I get around to doing it ;-)

I really can't fault them and if anything their service has improved (I actually received a very interesting motoring magazine free of charge last week)

ALSO - I did not have to pay any extra when I got my 3 points for speeding :whistling:

I phoned them to notify them and I was expecting to pay an extra premium but didn't have to pay a penny - my renewal also went down so I didn't get stung there either (PHEW!)

ADRIAN FLUX definitely gets my recommendation

Guys, what can I say? Thanks for all your help! So im going to look around and see whats there, what are the interest payments like on the finance option?

Guys, what can I say? Thanks for all your help! So im going to look around and see whats there, what are the interest payments like on the finance option?

Are you referring to the LEXUS finance options??

If so I would say (guess) that you would be looking at around:

Car cost: £16k (late 04/05)

Deposit: £3k

Guaranteed Future Value: £6-7k after 3 years (they set it low to ensure you get equity to get another LEXUS ;-) )

This would give you monthly payments of around £300

The above is off the top of my head so please use it as a guide only - the sales staff can give you a few quotes over the phone - I ran through a few scenarios with different value cars and different deposit amounts

A detailed quote is obviously essential - for me it was balancing how much to put donw and how much to put on finance

Good luck and I hope you get what you want - you won't regret getting a LEXUS IMHO

Do you think paying the full amount, rather than taking finace is better, plus can you buy extended warrenties? Sorry for all the questions

Do you think paying the full amount, rather than taking finace is better

If you have £16k burning a hole in your pocket it might be ;-)

This is all down to personal circumstances / preference

Some people don't like the idea of the "balloon" payment schemes as you never "own" the car

Some (including myself) like to change cars every 3 years so these schemes allow me to pay for a car on a monthly basis that I would not be able to afford to pay out right

I would intend to change the car in 3 years and do the deal again (hopefully for an IS 250) - therefore never "owning" the car but paying monthly

It really does depend on whether you intend to keep the car long-term or are you likely to get "itchy feet" after about 10 years

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links