Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have the RX400h and at night the satnav is really bright. I was in a friends RX300 recently and his satnav went very dark when his headlights came on. (Night Mode)

I`ve tried in the settings to get it to change but with NO success - anyone got any bright or dark ideas ?

Thanks

Gazman :zee:

i know it's a diferent system but my is200 sat nav goes dark on it's own when it gets dark i think it's one of the photocells on the dash

Try putting the headlights mode onto "Auto"...

i know it's a diferent system but my is200 sat nav goes dark on it's own when it gets dark i think it's one of the photocells on the dash

Try putting the headlights mode onto "Auto"...

Tried that (Lights on Auto) but it does not work - I like the photocell idea but I dont know if I have one.

The truth must be out there....

Thanks - Gazman :zee:

There should be a setting that says AUTO.. which automatically darkens the background as the light dims. You've most probably got it set as a light background (1-4 I think).

There should be a setting that says AUTO.. which automatically darkens the background as the light dims. You've most probably got it set as a light background (1-4 I think).

Yep if its the same as the IS, then in the settings, there is one called Night Mode, which has a choice of day or night. "Day" uses the same colours as day time, but just dims the screen, "Night" uses much darker colours on the screen to cause less strain on the eyes.

Just a thought, have you tried turning the brightness control down. It's located to the left side of the steering wheel. If it is turned up all the way, it will stay bright at night. The display should then go black at night from memory.

Mark

Just a thought, have you tried turning the brightness control down. It's located to the left side of the steering wheel. If it is turned up all the way, it will stay bright at night. The display should then go black at night from memory.

Mark

ANSWER: I managed to sort it thanks to `Aficio` (many thanks) - You just turn the brightness control slightly down at night -Obvioulsy the clocks are not as bright but the satnav goes very dark and is much easier on the eye at night time.

I found the settings of 1 to 4 made NO difference whatsoever, so I am at a loss to see what they are for...

Any ideas anyone ?

Thanks to all anyway

Gazman :zee:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links