Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Radio Stations

Guest mark_tsang

Guest mark_tsang

i tried tuning a radio sation to 95.8 (capital fm)on my toyota altezza but as soon it gets to 89.9 & u think it goes onto 90.0 it then goes back to 76.0!

has N E 1 else experience this?

anything 2 sort this out apart from buyin new head unit ?

is a factory CD/ tape deck head unit

thanks

• 4 months later...

'tis a little silver box attached to the aerial that allows "ghost frequencies". I had one on my old stereo, and it allowed me to pick up frequencies up to 105, but had the curious effect that I could listen to radio 1 on 78.8 or 88.8 on the dial.

The mechanism on the CD changer jammed and I got fed up with listening to just the radio so I've bought a UK spec one to go in its place - works a treat if you get the right one...

is this cos is jap spec car that hasnt got a radio band expander thing limiting certain UK radio channels?

anything 2 sort this out apart from buyin new head unit ??

All you need is a band expander.

They're about £15 from car audio shops (I have quite a few in my possession).

It's a little silver box with a male and female aerial lead coming out of it, and a short fly lead that connects to the electric aerial wire(Black on rear of radio).

Remove aerial from rear of radio and plug it into the female plug on the expander. Plug the male aerial lead on the expander into the back of the radio.

Voila, all done, you can now enjoy Capital fm. :)

now comes the tricky part, how do you get to the back of the radio it all seems a seamless part of the cosole and now the cd has jammed and none of the tips given elsewhere work. :sad:

• 1 month later...
Guest mark_tsang

i went to my car audio agent last wk, radio expander costs £35, £55 total inc. fitting. is it worth it? they took a look of the dash, & was figuring how to remove it to fit the radio expander. is the head unit easy to remove? any proper way to remove it? i dont want something broken cause by not knowing how its done.

finally does all auto audio places sell/get hold of radio expanders?

thanks

i went to my car audio agent last wk, radio expander costs £35, £55 total inc. fitting. is it worth it? they took a look of the dash, & was figuring how to remove it to fit the radio expander. is the head unit easy to remove? any proper way to remove it? i dont want something broken cause by not knowing how its done.

finally does all auto audio places sell/get hold of radio expanders?

thanks

They're ripping you off,

Don't pay any more than £20 for the expander itself. Shops may differ with there labour figure to install it.

Any decent car audio shop will sell you one, or be able to order one for you.

The radio comes out very easily, but watch you don't scratch the dash when you pull it forward.

It's bolted into the dash. The bolts are behind the air vents, which pull out on clips, once youve undone the two screws under the plastic cover.

Then pull forward on the row of switches above the ash tray. they should slide forward to reveal another two bolts.

The radio will now pull out.

Hope this helps a little bit !!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links