Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Turbo - Supercharge - Na

altezzawill

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I supppose it depends ultimately what you're after mate. What sort of power you're aiming for and how much money you want to spend..

Zee has a turbo conversion done and Am has a supercharger fitted. Both happy with what they've got but both entirely different setups..

Am (Mr Singh) will probably be along to give his advice as he knows alot more about the tezzas than me :blush:

how much you got to spend 1st cos that's the biggest killer

as for NA

you could do a similar thing to what I've done (read spec below) for about £1500-£2000 IMO, I got a load of 2nd hand parts of off zee to help me on the way so I was lucky

then there's throttle bodies, there's a thread on this in the Tezza forum just have a look (topic started by myself ) may help make up your mind

as for FI be prepared to get you wedge out as once you do one thing you will then need to do another

not sure how much power the clutch can take before slipping but that is something you will need to do for any major tuning,

also

you will need a new ecu to run the set up,

injectors up grade'

up rated internals,

cams and pulls

the list is endless

again , how much money do you have to spend????????????????????????

money is not an issue really! i like the idea of supercharging but 300bhp is bout the upper limit of it and i wan maybe 350bhp! i know that turbo is the way for that type of power! i wana hear wat the people who have turbo'd an supercharged an NA tuned their cars an see wats good to do and whats not

money is not an issue really!

You're going to regret saying that :lol:

Have a look in the registry (garage), link at the top of the page. Look at Zee007 and MrSingh 's cars you'll be able to see the spec their have. One turbo and one s/c

OK...my 2 penneth

I have an MR2 Turbo with the standard CT20b turbo, stock I/C, Blitz induction & NUR exhaust - mapped on a Unichip I'm doing just under 300bhp.

Next step is to fit an ATS TD06 turbo, Berk I/C, 800cc injectors and Walboro fuel pump. With a remap this setup should be good for around 400bhp.

Your engine is the same N/A which means you'll need to upgrade the internals. If it's AT you'll also need to upgrade the VB and fit an ATF cooler.

I reckon that for 350bhp you'll need AT LEAST 10K Euros :blink:

out of interest,

could you fit the internals from a 3s-gte into a 3s-ge :unsure:

Yes....but you'll also need a thicker head gasket if you want to reduce compression. There have been loads of conversions on IMOC

As far as I know Mike, no Altezza Owner has done this. Been many many discussions of this on several Altezza Forums. AFAIK there are some complications around it.

If moneys no object this is what i would do..

Toda 2.2l Stroker kit (inc, Low Comp pistons ((rings)), rods, crankshaft)

Toda Head gasket

HKS GT-RS Turbo kit

Power Enterprise 550cc injectors

Ogura twin plate clutch

TOMS lightweight Flywheel

HKS Oil Cooler

HKS F-Con Pro

You could go with a slightly higher lift cam profile and get rid of the VVTi and go with adjustable cam wheels (TODA and HKS do these)

Your looking at alot of money for the above... and a ton of power, 400hp should be possible, but to be honest the chassis will require some addtional mods to cope!

Depends how you like the power delivery, theres 2 s/c kits for the Altezza, both different types.

Power Enterprise setup is around 260-270ps and is a screw type, spins all the time

Blitz is centrifugal and is clutch activated via TPS, and produces 270ps also.

Additional mods will yield more power for the above.

I know of 2 Altezza owners who have tried the Apexi Turbo kit and the Blitz s/c, all of them said the s/c was more agressive and the power delivery much sharper. But theres not much you can do with either setups with stock CR, so its worth looking at lowering this if your wanting more than 300hp.

Ideally to get over 300hp safely you need to lower the CR, 11.5 is high.

Turbo wise theres 8 or so turbo kits... Depends on you wallet and preferance to Turbo. I like the Blitz as the turbo has a decent level of headroom, as too does the Apexi.

If its a daily driver, it might become troublesome to have HUGE power for everyday use, expect around 12-18mpg return.

If you want the Perfect balance of handling and power, go for the TRD N/A setup which is;

TRD high compression piston size 87 bore

TRD H-beam con-rods 86 stroke

TRD lighten & balance crankshaft

TRD 0.8 metal head gasket (compression 13.6:1) original 11.5:1

TRD individual 4-throttle

TRD Camshaft (inlet=296, exhaust=296) running VVTi

TRD 6-speed close ratio gearbox with 4.556 final drive

TRD Titanium Header 4-2-1

TRD centre pipe

TRD exhaust muffler

TRD light weight flywheel

TRD clutch cover

TRD racing clutch

TRD port & polish on head

Motec ECU (or other)

This setup will redline well over 9000rpm. Your looking at Alot of money here...

Sit down and access your budget, sure we can suggest best setup for your money!

The Power Enterprise S/C kit is a centrifugal supercharger while the Blitz S/C is a twin Roots charger.

Power Enterprise has a S/C+Turbo kit as well.

Yeh thats what i meant :winky:

i already have an orc twin plate clutch full hks exhaust and my tein coilovers are on the way! wat to do next??

You can plonk a ton of cash into power mods only, but its just bragging rights... 400hp isn't going to be very useable if the entire car isn't well balanced. Thats just my opinion, If your building a strip car then you want all the power you can get, if you want well balanced they 300hp is PLENTY!

Guess you have to decide how much it is you want to spend. £3k, £4k etc...

Also don't forget ..... this is NANNY Ireland, modified cars are not welcomed by Insurance agencies.... I know of one guy who has a supercharger fitted to his Altezza and could not even get a quote...... :crybaby:

ive checked with the insurance and it wont change if i put on a turbo or supercharger! its only 700 euros a year any way

my main mission is to beat the 2 mins mark around mondello!

my friemds integra r can do it in 2.06 and my other friends civic r goes round in 2.08

when u drop in a low compression stroker kit how do you know what big end bareings will fit?

do kits come them?

royal an sun alliance but i gettin ti cheap wit them beacuse i have my bussiness insurance wit them and im payin 20k for that

is loosing my vvti required for hi lift cams? because i'd like to keep it and move it around wen i get turbo'd to help tune my power curve!

when u drop in a low compression stroker kit how do you know what big end bareings will fit?

do kits come them?

Pretty sure they come with the kit.

Its £3000+ Vat for the Stroker kit

£200+ Vat for HG

£5000+ Vat for HKS GT-RS Turbo Kit

Probably another £4k for ECU, Injectors, Return fuel line And AFPR... and other bits Plus Tons of Dyno time!! ££££

You sure you have enough money? :winky:

:D

Find out for sure if that is the case.

There have been 3 turbo kits in the past...

GT-SS

GT-RS

are HKS's special Turbo kits. All Turbo Kits for the Altezza have been discontinued (from other tuners like Blitz, Apexi, Amuse, SARD... few others too) and so have alot of head gaskets :(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links