Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speed Camera Detectors

Chaps,

I got double-flashed today on the way to work!

I have been thinking about getting a GPS camera detector for a while so maybe now is the time. Since I last looked there are now quite a few on the market. I was thinking about an Origin blue but now the Snooper S6-R Neo looks like a better bit of kit.

Has anybody got the new Snooper?

Also any thoughts if these detectors might become illegal in the UK in the future?

Kernow.

I was having, ahem, "issues" with my Blue i, and my new S6 GPS just arrived. I didn't bother with the Radar/Laser detectors (my local police use Laser, and you don't have time to respond without a jammer)

First impressions of S6 Neo over Blue i:

PROS

- Far superior screen

- Louder volume

- Clearer buttons

- Builtin modem

- Marginally better build quality

CONS

- Mounting bracket options not as good (blue i has adjustable angle)

- No nice 50 quid finders fee for new cameras

- Not as good a discount available

Personally, I prefer the S6 Neo. I'll post a proper review, and some pics, when I've had chance to use it on the road!

Gold member discount on the Blue i is fantastic (100 quid off list, and full fitting was included). I got the S6 Neo off eBay, so can't comment on discount on that one.

Alistair

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links