Sign in to follow this  
maneesh

Vsc Activates After Fitting Goodyear Eagle F1s

In the 8 months I have had the car, the VSC activated maybe once, despite me driving pretty fast.

I got the geometry fine tune by Dr Bones (which has made the car very responsive - thanks!). He also fitted the Goodyear Eagle F1s on the back, replacing the old Pirelli P Zeros. The car is now very grippy from the rear around corners. I can really chuck it around.

Only problem is that on the quick spin from Dr Bones' place, the VSC activated twice in just a few minutes.

Dr Bones and I reckon that the Goodyears offer so much extra grip that the tyres outperform the factory chassis setup and hence why the VSC activates. Plus, my previous setup was a drift type setup, so now the geometry is factory standard again.

Any comments?

Tyres take a couple of hundred miles before they get up to spec in terms of grip. If I were you I would take it a bit easy untill after 250 miles since the new tyres were fitted. Anything else before that will be asking for unpredictable sidways action!

Hi,

I think between you and the Dr you have answered your Question maneesh :)

The VSC works using a Gyro so if like you say there is more grip in the corners its working harder to keep the car under control.

Chips..